Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

Park@82

Honorary Master
I was in an Incredible Connection store this morning and they had a few "open box" Mi Box S sets marked down to R479.

I didnt have my wallet on me at the time or I would have bought one. Going back tomm morning to get one.
Where was this?

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Noob question...and yes I've been googling for a while now:

I have movies and series on my W10 pc that I want to share on my Android media box, using KODI as player, via my Ethernet network.

Where can I find a guide in setting up the shares etc. I've been on KODI forums but the SMB info is outdated and I cannot find a clear and concise How to...

Please help...I'm tired of copying to my external HDD thats' plugged into my madia box...and please don't advise me to stream..

I download and have my reasons. :sneaky:

Any help would be appreciated.

enerdude

Expert Member

I have movies and series on my W10 pc that I want to share on my Android media box, using KODI as player, via my Ethernet network.

Where can I find a guide in setting up the shares etc. I've been on KODI forums but the SMB info is outdated and I cannot find a clear and concise How to...

Please help...I'm tired of copying to my external HDD thats' plugged into my madia box...and please don't advise me to stream..

I have a similar setup and have never experimented with pure smb shares but I'm using upnp via my w10 box

See setup info here:

Basically involves setting up kodi on your w10 box and sharing the media in its media library via upnp. If it does not work make sure your router is allowing upnp protocol

When setup, your android box should detect the kodi library on your w10 box under the 'videos' menu

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I have a similar setup and have never experimented with pure smb shares but I'm using upnp via my w10 box

See setup info here:

Basically involves setting up kodi on your w10 box and sharing the media in its media library via upnp. If it does not work make sure your router is allowing upnp protocol

When setup, your android box should detect the kodi library on your w10 box under the 'videos' menu
Any other way..SMB or File Share ?

upnp does not work...

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Any other way..SMB or File Share ?

upnp does not work...
Never done shares on a WIN 10 box, so far managed to avoid it WIN 10, that is. Do all my sharing via a Raspberry Pi - for me easier than playing silly buggers, every time Microsoft decides to be cleverer than last time.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Never done shares on a WIN 10 box, so far managed to avoid it WIN 10, that is. Do all my sharing via a Raspberry Pi - for me easier than playing silly buggers, every time Microsoft decides to be cleverer than last time.
Just managed to get smb working on my W10 and KODI...buys populating now over the network.

deesef

I have found that Plex is an easier solution for that. MUCH easier.

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
^ this??, as I always have this enabled put still cant get Kodi on the Mi to see the shares ?

Screenshot_3.jpg

Ryan Innes

I was in an Incredible Connection store this morning and they had a few "open box" Mi Box S sets marked down to R479.

I didnt have my wallet on me at the time or I would have bought one. Going back tomm morning to get one.
Care sharing via DM which store this was?

cpu.

Expert Member

This is risky. I would've ewallet money to myself to pay for it. Or depending on the phone and bank, used the phone to pay with.

marco79

Expert Member
I have a MiBox 3 and this thing is damn irritating. I keep getting error messages. It doesn't connect properly to the WiFi.

marco79

Expert Member
It is connected to the wifi, but doesn't open any apps. Freezes on the YouTube logo.

Anyone want to make me an offer for this MiBox 3?