Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

genetic

Honorary Master
Anyone else finding their Mibox freezing or crashing with the new Android 9 update? Close to chucking the POS against the wall.

krugie

Anyone else finding their Mibox freezing or crashing with the new Android 9 update? Close to chucking the POS against the wall.
I get occasional freezing as well yes. And my connection speed takes a dive after a few days but a reset then sorts it out.

Assasin_Zer0

Yes it's been a problem for a lot of people ,
There is a few post's regarding it all over the net ,

I have now turned off most of the DD and DTS Pass through options , and also frame rate syncing and it seems to be doing better .

Lupus

Honorary Master
I have DSTV now keep stopping with Error Video playback Yadda yadda

Assasin_Zer0

This is just for FYI , I dont recommend doing the downgrade , as you can lose your Netflix certificate

Assasin_Zer0

It is yeah , But like i said , Play around with the sound and display settings , those two seems to resolve a few laggy \ hanging issues for me at least .

phly

Expert Member
If you can buy one during lock down
I think takealot still delivers but my point was just that it sounded like so much work compared to just buying a new one. But even getting a new one is not as easy at the moment.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
I think takealot still delivers but my point was just that it sounded like so much work compared to just buying a new one. But even getting a new one is not as easy at the moment.
Besides the effort, you might permanently brick the device. Mine has not upgraded and am in no hurry, not an early adopter.

phly

Expert Member
Besides the effort, you might permanently brick the device. Mine has not upgraded and am in no hurry, not an early adopter.
I still have the old one and no upgrades has dropped and still works as expected. Was going to get rid of fire tv one but i managed to get it to work as intended so both are fulfilling their purpose during this lockdown

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
I still have the old one and no upgrades has dropped and still works as expected. Was going to get rid of fire tv one but i managed to get it to work as intended so both are fulfilling their purpose during this lockdown
Have same, both are working great. No plans to fix anything that is not broken.

airborne

Honorary Master
When you use the assistant for search is there any way to get anything but YouTube search results?

genetic

Honorary Master
So when a device has software bugs, you just go buy a new one?

I suppose you buy new clothes each week instead of washing them too...

Last edited:

jones123

So I tried the netflix add-on on Kodi ( I do get buffering though ) I can choose which audio stream i want to use. I can even get 5.1 to pass through this way.
How come when using the netflix app, I can only get stereo and I can't even choose the audio stream ?
I have read about the mibox not being able to pass through via optic only hdmi. So how come it works through Kodi ?

Any insights are welcome.