Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Anyone have a review on the Mi Stick, yet?

Our two mi box 3's are getting a bit long in the tooth. So are the usb to lan converters into which they are plugged. Very buggy of late.

joshuatree

Expert Member
I see Geewiz has adjusted the pricing on the Mi TV Stick to R895 and it is in stock for same day delivery etc. The pricing is in line now with other sellers.

micham03

Good day

I have been battling a very odd problem with Mi Box s . I have been using CE Link Ethernet for over a year and half now with no issues. After the recent update every time I connect the a VPN (does not matter which VPN) Ethernet cable automatically disconnects without having to physically disconnect the cable. Strangely for me to reconnect the cable i need to go to the settings , press IP settings option and then press DHCP option and the LAN cable will the restore internet connection. This only happens as soon as i connect the VPN service. When on WIFI the disconnection does not happen. Is there a bug that I don't know about or this is only happening to my box. I bought the box last year on Black Friday . I also can't figure out what the problem is ? The Ethernet cable, the Box, or the USB Ethernet adapter.

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
I see Geewiz has adjusted the pricing on the Mi TV Stick to R895 and it is in stock for same day delivery etc. The pricing is in line now with other sellers.

That means they dropped the price by EXACTLY R4 ... why is this something to be excited about as it was R899 on launch o_O

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
Good day

I have been battling a very odd problem with Mi Box s . I have been using CE Link Ethernet for over a year and half now with no issues. After the recent update every time I connect the a VPN (does not matter which VPN) Ethernet cable automatically disconnects without having to physically disconnect the cable. Strangely for me to reconnect the cable i need to go to the settings , press IP settings option and then press DHCP option and the LAN cable will the restore internet connection. This only happens as soon as i connect the VPN service. When on WIFI the disconnection does not happen. Is there a bug that I don't know about or this is only happening to my box. I bought the box last year on Black Friday . I also can't figure out what the problem is ? The Ethernet cable, the Box, or the USB Ethernet adapter.

What happens if you turn off USB debugging/developer options? (if you did in fact enable it at some point)

micham03

What happens if you turn off USB debugging/developer options? (if you did in fact enable it at some point)
I don't think I did that ... I also reset the box to factory setting twice. I will check if it is turned on

FlashSA

Executive Member
DSTV changed something and now DSTV NOW needs a DSTV account relinked at now.dstv.com. But the call centre can't help so I am now in a 50min long livechat queue because the OTP's were not accepted by their site....

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
DSTV changed something and now DSTV NOW needs a DSTV account relinked at now.dstv.com. But the call centre can't help so I am now in a 50min long livechat queue because the OTP's were not accepted by their site....

Dunno, who is worse, Telkom or DSTV ...