Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

naeem.ally

Ours does not disconnect

I noticed my remote will disconnect if it’s out of range for too long. I tried un-pairing and re-pairing but that doesn’t work, the pairing process fails. Only after a reboot can I pair successfully. I’m still on Android 8

Raphael123

Expert Member
Seeing all the posts here I have to say that i updated to Android 9 on the MiBox S and have had no issues thankfully, except with DSTV Now when they did an update but that was fixed on their end.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Seeing all the posts here I have to say that i updated to Android 9 on the MiBox S and have had no issues thankfully, except with DSTV Now when they did an update but that was fixed on their end.

Not had any updates yet, not for the Mi-Box or Telkom LIT TV box ...

GAD

So I understand, my box has yet to show it has one, checked this morning.
Go to system update and keep clicking on check for update although it shows system up to date...

Mine updated after the fourth time I tapped on check for update.

I might have just been lucky but worth a try

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Go to system update and keep clicking on check for update although it shows system up to date...

Mine updated after the fourth time I tapped on check for update.

I might have just been lucky but worth a try

I can try that, but yeah, not that bothered by the update.

Coasti

Expert Member
The update did fix some casting issues I had on my Mibox3 but never had on my Mibox4.

Raphael123

Expert Member
I use a WD & Seagate with no issues. Toshiba not so sure. After reading that 2nd review on Takelot i have my doubts. Ideally it should work but i would not bet my life on it.

tcofran

Expert Member
I use a WD & Seagate with no issues. Toshiba not so sure. After reading that 2nd review on Takelot i have my doubts. Ideally it should work but i would not bet my life on it.
Thanks, it was just a link to a 2.5" drive, will look around, also just wanted to know if those drives that are not powered will work