Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
Is amazon prime video working yet? Apologies if this is already asked here.

Every since the Pie update YES ... on Both versions of the box :thumbsup:

Amazon prime is one of the default apps after the update, so any previously sideloaded version can be deleted ;)

freekie

I See there is a new beta out for the mi Box S/4K I am not a beta tester. Any body here a beta teater with a mi box s?

genetic

Honorary Master
Please let us know if you find any bugs and problems after the update

If it's anything like the MiBox S, a lot of problems will be discovered. :ROFL:

Xioami are renowned for their buggy and often delayed software.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Guys I have 2 3's that are no longer being used. Would anyone be interested in buying them?

phly

Expert Member
Isn't this the same update for the 3 that started rolling out 2 weeks ago?

Not sure - all I know is I have not seen a smidge of an update for years and all over saturday there was one. Not much except cometic changes, more storage also after the update. Feels snappy too to get back to things such as youtube. Yet to spend more time with it but so far no issues as yet.

infoseeker

Anyone recommend an an accurate terminal program? I'm using Termix but since the update the accuracy is questionable. After 6 hours of IPL on DStv Now the download figures haven't changed much. Before the update the figures were more accurate, as far as I recall.

EDIT: After uninstalling and reinstalling the app the figures are again seem more accurate.

20201018_175828.jpg

Last edited:

FlashSA

Executive Member
Anyone noticed that the Mi Box 3 makes a beep when you push a button on the remote after a several hours of inactivity? Never did this before the update.