Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

Singhms

Hi All,

Updated my MiBox with the latest update last week or so (something about support for a remote app on your phone) ever since then, whenever I switch back on after an hour or 2 I cannot play any videos on YouTube or Showmax.

It just jams and I have to keep restarting the device every single time I want to watch anything...

Anyone else having this problem and has a solution?

Thanks in advance...

MavChat

Expert Member
Hi All,

Updated my MiBox with the latest update last week or so (something about support for a remote app on your phone) ever since then, whenever I switch back on after an hour or 2 I cannot play any videos on YouTube or Showmax.

It just jams and I have to keep restarting the device every single time I want to watch anything...

Thanks in advance...
Nope, mine is working fine after the update. Maybe do factory reset and try again?

stiller26

Hi All,

Thanks in advance...

You will have to reboot it everyday after you have switched it on.

genetic

Honorary Master
Hi All,

Thanks in advance...

Haven't experienced the same problem, but try a factory reset if nothing else works.
(Beyond the bluetooth issues) YouTube will once in a while freeze for me - audio going but the picture frozen - the only fix is to pull the power cable and restart.

Just_Ice

Executive Member
Hi All,

Thanks in advance...

I have the same problem, including with DSTV now. I haven’t tried a factory reset, just been restarting it every day.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
Hi All,

Thanks in advance...
Mine too. On both my Mi box S and 3. Restarting every day.

EDIT: Chromecast has shipped, should replace the 3 this week.

stiller26

Mine too. On both my Mi box S and 3. Restarting every day.

EDIT: Chromecast has shipped, should replace the 3 this week.

Got mine this morning.
So far I like the feel of the remote, way better that the Mibox 3/S and it fits perfectly in my hand.
Haven’t played around with the device yet, but so far so good.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Got mine this morning.
So far I like the feel of the remote, way better that the Mibox 3/S and it fits perfectly in my hand.
Haven’t played around with the device yet, but so far so good.

Best remote I have held so far was the Fire TV 4K I gifted my Step- Daughter.

joshuatree

Expert Member
Also getting fed up with constant hard reboots...

There a thread on chromecast yet?

New Chromecast Ultra based on Android TV with remote!

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member

New Chromecast Ultra based on Android TV with remote!

It is a Chromecast TV, not an Ultra, as I understand.

ridr

Hi All,

Thanks in advance...

I have the same issue with Netflix. Factory reset didn't fix the issue. Remote issue fixed with the latest update, so I don't have to restart with the power cable every time I want to wake up the device because remote now connects, but now have this issue with Netflix, so still have to keep rebooting everyday :( (and have a friend that is annoyed because the ethernet issue still isn't fixed that was meant to be fixed with the latest update). Hopefully Xiaomi get it right again soon...

genetic

Honorary Master
I have the same issue with Netflix. Factory reset didn't fix the issue. Remote issue fixed with the latest update, so I don't have to restart with the power cable every time I want to wake up the device because remote now connects, but now have this issue with Netflix, so still have to keep rebooting everyday :( (and have a friend that is annoyed because the ethernet issue still isn't fixed that was meant to be fixed with the latest update). Hopefully Xiaomi get it right again soon...

:ROFL: Sorry for laughing but I'm still waiting for them to fix the bluetooth issue that crept in with Android 9.0 a year ago.

Xiaomi is terrible at software updates. Great cheap hardware - terrible software support.

StoneCold

Expert Member

Yeah, sadly 2x factory resets didn't fix it for me either, the sound issue and video freezing continues when resuming the device from sleep mode.

The only "fix" is to disable sleep mode on the device, as restarting it each day became tedious for me. Here's hoping we get an update at some point in 2021 that fixes this.