Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

deesef

Expert Member
I finally got round to setting up Kodi on my MiBox 3 and managed to get the DSTV app working successfully (which is top notch vs the botched DSTV one at present).

However, I'm trying to link a movie shared directory on my Win 10 machine so that I can access it via Kodi on my MiBox 3 but for the life of me, I can't seem to get it working correctly.

I've tried looking for guides online and found a few and tried a few solutions, but not much luck. Does anyone have working method that is easy to follow and use?

I tried this: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353532 but cant' get it working after following all the steps to the letter.

Would appreciate some assistance as I've never really used Kodi as much as the majority have here on MyBB :)
Install a Plex server on the PC and a Plex client on the box (either the kodi plugin or the Android Store one). That makes sharing of videos fun

jones123

I finally got round to setting up Kodi on my MiBox 3 and managed to get the DSTV app working successfully (which is top notch vs the botched DSTV one at present).

However, I'm trying to link a movie shared directory on my Win 10 machine so that I can access it via Kodi on my MiBox 3 but for the life of me, I can't seem to get it working correctly.

I've tried looking for guides online and found a few and tried a few solutions, but not much luck. Does anyone have working method that is easy to follow and use?

I tried this: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353532 but cant' get it working after following all the steps to the letter.

Would appreciate some assistance as I've never really used Kodi as much as the majority have here on MyBB :)
Did you enable SMB in the services menu?

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
This should also work ....

If password protected sharing is OFF on your PC, then you can use any username and pass ... like in the video they used "1" ... just as long as it's not "blank", it should work :thumbsup:

StoneCold

Expert Member
This should also work ....

If password protected sharing is OFF on your PC, then you can use any username and pass ... like in the video they used "1" ... just as long as it's not "blank", it should work :thumbsup:

Awesome, thank you so much, this worked brilliantly and straight off the bat :D

jones123

Hi all. Any way to get mi box to pass through all video without upscaling ?

I want the TV to do all the upscaling?

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
Have this error on Netflix, for the last 2 months. The latest update didn't even fix it. We would watch something, then every few minutes (seconds sometimes), it would stop and say that "Cannot play title now. Try again later".
Anybody else getting this?
I tried factory reset and tried some stuff I found on Google. Not working.
Netflix is working flawlessly on my Chromecast with Android TV, PC, tablet and laptop. Just the Mibox giving me kak.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
^ Did you try 2.4 vs 5.0 band wireless ....

Did you try wired vs wireless ?

Sounds like internet problem?

I am limited to LTE, for internet. On Supersonic Fixed-LTE-A, I could not stream the Arsenal/Liverpool game on a B618. Constantly buffering.

Changed my internet to a R218H, with a Telkom pre-paid SIM, and the game streamed perfectly.

Suspect Supersonic routing to be the cause.

acp

Anyone using Button Mapper to remap remote buttons?

Trying to remap the Netflix and Amazon/Live TV buttons to Plex and YouTube, but when it promts to select the button to be mapped, it opens the app of the button instead. Remap works fine for double clicks and long press on home button etc.

Same on all 3 my Mi Box S units.

killerbyte

Expert Member

So does the DSTV Now app also suck on on the Xiaomi Android TV boxes?

StoneCold

Expert Member
So does the DSTV Now app also suck on on the Xiaomi Android TV boxes?

It does yes, but using the DSTV Kodi plugin via the Kodi app is amazing. I highly doubt I'll ever revert to the standard DSTV app, I'll just stick to the Kodi variant from now on, its that damn good and a much better user experience overall :D