Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

ziyaad.jak

Does anyone perhaps know how to fix the Hisense HDMI CEC issue where switching off the Mibox doesn't automatically switch off the TV (switching on works fine). A bit irritating without seamless integration, having to use two remotes. Always worked fine on my Samsung TV.

Singhms

Does anyone perhaps know how to fix the Hisense HDMI CEC issue where switching off the Mibox doesn't automatically switch off the TV (switching on works fine). A bit irritating without seamless integration, having to use two remotes. Always worked fine on my Samsung TV.

I set my LG tv to automatically switch off after 5 minutes if no source is detected/not in use... if that makes sense...

Only use Mibox remote, once Mibox is switched off tv switches off 5 minutes later by itself...

acp

Same problem on 2 x Hisense TVs. Tried many settings with no luck. I do the same as @Singhms. Auto TV switch off after 15 or so mins. That's the minimum on Hisense I think.

1 x Samsung works fine.

Dylan_G

Expert Member
New Mibox owner

Any essential tips and tricks I should know?
Apps that I should sideload?
Best way to get sport working on it?

How do you get rid of the YouTube ads? Sideload YouTube Vanced?

joshuatree

Expert Member
When using APKs like CinemaHD, FilmPlus on Android TV, and the Mi Box S, how do one get back to the APKs home screen from a full page ad if the back button on the remote doesn't want to work? Without adding another remote through a phone or trackpad or mouse.

Is it even possible?

LinuxMan

Expert Member
Has Anyone managed to get a 5.1 Surround Speaker system working on the Mibox S?
PC Speakers/Home Theater.

animehero

Expert Member
I need a replacement remote. Mine has walked off. Any ideas on where I could pick one up?

Budza

Executive Member

jellievis

Have you fully reset the device after the update? Otherwise you you could try removing the remote from devices and repairing
Hi MDE,

I have done all of the above. It still the same. I have even considered buying another remote, but the device is brand new.

genetic

Honorary Master
Anybody get random freezing on their Mi Box S?

I've had the MiBox S for 3 years now, and freezing is its game - especially in YouTube.

It's random, but happens frequently enough for it to be annoying. No software update has ever fixed this.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
I've had the MiBox S for 3 years now, and freezing is its game - especially in YouTube.

It's random, but happens frequently enough for it to be annoying. No software update has ever fixed this.
Yeh thats normally where i get it as well.. or i it i hit the assistant button