- Apr 7, 2009
Is that in the play store ?
No you must sideload.
Do not download SmartTubeNext from any app store, APK websites or blogs; these were uploaded by other people and may contain malware or ads. SmartTubeNext is not officially published on any app store. Sadly, the Google PlayStore does not allow ad-free Youtube apps using unofficial APIs.
There is a beta release (recommended) and a stable release. Beta gets new features and bugfixes faster than the stable release.
You can use either of the following methods to install the app:
- (easiest) install Downloader by AFTVnews on your Android TV, open it and enter kutt.it/stn_beta or kutt.it/stn_stable, then read, understand and confirm the security prompts. (You can also enter 79015 (for beta) or 28544 (for stable), but this requires an extra step to install the AFTVnews Downloader browser addon if you haven't already.)
- install a file transfer app on your Android TV, download the APK on your phone or computer and transfer it to your TV (e.g. Send Files to TV*)
- download the APK onto a USB stick, put the USB stick into your TV and use a file manager app (e.g. FX File Explorer* or FileCommander*). Android's preinstalled file manager does not work!
- if you are an advanced user, you can install it using ADB. guide | alternative guide
* The above mentioned apps are available in the Google Playstore and Amazon AppStore.
The app has a built-in updater with changelog. You can also find all releases and the changelog on the Telegram channel @SmartTubeNextNewsEN (no login required) or on Github.