Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

Klelya

I did a mibox update recommended. I thougt that DSTV is a problem because of that. Seems not to be. So I have reset the mibox 3 times already, reinstalled the DSTV app. Only worked for a while. When I changed the channel, ..blank screen. I have force stopped DSTV app aswell. Works for 1 channel, than blank again. Is the problem DSTV or mibox? I am really frustrated!

Ivan Leon

Executive Member
the DSTV Now app for Android is apparently FUBAR (aka broken beyond repair)- here's links to other threads about the issue:

MDE

Expert Member
I did a mibox update recommended. I thougt that DSTV is a problem because of that. Seems not to be. So I have reset the mibox 3 times already, reinstalled the DSTV app. Only worked for a while. When I changed the channel, ..blank screen. I have force stopped DSTV app aswell. Works for 1 channel, than blank again. Is the problem DSTV or mibox? I am really frustrated!
Read above comments

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Well they say the update has been deployed ... I guess the holdup is now on Googles side? f*** knows

link
Deployed indeed. Never sure how these things make their way into the different platforms. Like the Xiaomi Mi Box for example. Surely a popular choice for many. Wonder when we'll see this alleged new and improved app there...

Leo_

20220124_154710 copy.jpg

There's like a 100 threads talking about the same thing :ROFL:
2.4.5 dropped for me.

Leo_

Well they say the update has been deployed ... I guess the holdup is now on Googles side? f*** knows

link
Someone should tell them it's linking to v2.3.19

The latest version on that website is 2.4.4 (2021-12-19)

Also I don't suggest anyone side load these apps from third party websites - just wait for it to become available on the Play Store.
1643033338256.png

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
I've installed v2.4.5 (uninstalled previous version first)

App is still as slow as sh|t :mad:

Black screen is gone ... only kak now is once you go back after watching something you have to re-select your profile (I suppose this was their fix to the problem) but it's a slow way of getting to another channel to watch :mad::mad::mad:

@dstv is useless :X3:

V2.3.19 here we come

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
....and what a pleasure it is to be back on 2.3.19 .... fast menu ... pic in pic, so channel changing is instant.

All they must give us is the speed of 2.3 with the gui layout of 2.4 :p

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
2.4.5 installed. Cleared data. Signed in again. Didn't work. Rebooted. Cleared cache. Now it seems to be working...

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
I've installed v2.4.5 (uninstalled previous version first)

App is still as slow as sh|t :mad:

Black screen is gone ... only kak now is once you go back after watching something you have to re-select your profile (I suppose this was their fix to the problem) but it's a slow way of getting to another channel to watch :mad::mad::mad:

@dstv is useless :X3:

V2.3.19 here we come
Can you post the APK link for this ?

Also to load that version on the Mi TV Box S is it easy ?

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
Yes the interface is terrible but the channels at least work again... Small mercies.

Small mercies, yes, now my neighbor will leave me in peace for awhile, till DSTV rinse and repeat in 6 or so weeks time

Last edited: