Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

JackE

I have also done this but will believe that it fixes the problem tomorrow when the box has been off overnight, as that was when the problem always occurred.
Where is the automatic update from DStv and then how about an apology.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
It's been on there a while ... was advertised @ R1299 just the other day ... nice to see a drop in price.

Wonder how the remote feels, I kinda liked the feel of the Fire TV 4K sticks remote that I allowed my Daughter to walk of with.

Want to get a replacement still.

Anyone know if it can handle the AV1 codec?

binloud

Wonder how the remote feels, I kinda liked the feel of the Fire TV 4K sticks remote that I allowed my Daughter to walk of with.

Want to get a replacement still.

Anyone know if it can handle the AV1 codec?
Ordered one yesterday should get it this week. Yes it supports AV1

Cius

Executive Member
Odd thing, our MI Box for Britbox always starts out with the episodes being jumpy, as if the box hangs for half a second every 2 seconds. A restart of the box always fixes it but a small annoyance. Anyone else experiencing this. Never happens for any of the other apps.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
Odd thing, our MI Box for Britbox always starts out with the episodes being jumpy, as if the box hangs for half a second every 2 seconds. A restart of the box always fixes it but a small annoyance. Anyone else experiencing this. Never happens for any of the other apps.

Not subb'ed to Britbox currently

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Is there a Play Store app for it that works or are you casting from your phone?

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
I tried out the app last night. The navigation is very fast and smooth (not like the DSTV app. *spits). I noticed some of the jumpiness you mention when trying to watch s01e01 of Fawlty Towers. Tried a newer show and there was no jumpiness. Will report back with any further findings.

A great selection of content on there for R99 a month.

Cius

Executive Member
I tried out the app last night. The navigation is very fast and smooth (not like the DSTV app. *spits). I noticed some of the jumpiness you mention when trying to watch s01e01 of Fawlty Towers. Tried a newer show and there was no jumpiness. Will report back with any further findings.

A great selection of content on there for R99 a month.
The writing is very different to American shows. My wife loves crime solvers and stuff like Endevour, Vera, Midsommer murders is the stuff we rotate through. Interestingly enough the same issue does not happen on my Mi Box S, just the older Mi Box.

Bundu

Expert Member
Any Mi-Box S boffins here that know if one can watch for example youtube and also one of your wifi ip cameras in a small window at the same time in PIP mode?

binloud

Let us know how it works. :)
Okay the Mi TV stick 4K arrived yesterday setup was super simple, did an update or two and works like a charm. Image quality is great with HDR. Feel free to ask me any questions if you have. I had the old skyworth box before this one.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
Okay the Mi TV stick 4K arrived yesterday setup was super simple, did an update or two and works like a charm. Image quality is great with HDR. Feel free to ask me any questions if you have. I had the old skyworth box before this one.

You using the power want that it came with, and no heat issues?

Is it faster than the Skyworth i.e. - the menus and apps now snappier?

How does the remote feel, solid or flimsy?

Last edited: