Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
Any Mi-Box S boffins here that know if one can watch for example youtube and also one of your wifi ip cameras in a small window at the same time in PIP mode?

Not sure the Mi-Box does Picture in Picture - it is touted on the Fire TV 4K MAX stick as a feature.

Wonder if the Mi-stick 4K has this ability, as I would not mind having that ability as well.

binloud

You using the power want that it came with, and no heat issues?

Is it faster than the Skyworth i.e. - the menus and apps now snappier?

How does the remote feel, solid or flimsy?
Yeah but not the power brick...plugged into TV USB port for power. Gave it a feel now while watching TV...warm but not too bad.

Yes way faster then the skyworth... everything is very quick.. except stupid DSTV is a little slow bit that app is a mess.

Remote feels really good very solid...better then the skyworth..just have to get used to the swapped back button on the remote being in the middle.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
Yeah but not the power brick...plugged into TV USB port for power. Gave it a feel now while watching TV...warm but not too bad.

Yes way faster then the skyworth... everything is very quick.. except stupid DSTV is a little slow bit that app is a mess.

Remote feels really good very solid...better then the skyworth..just have to get used to the swapped back button on the remote being in the middle.

A possible equivalent to the Fire TV 4K MAX stick, but with DSTV included.

Sorta set on getting the Fire TV 4K MAX stick, but this may well be a better option, and would be an excellent replacement for the Mi-Box 3 in the lounge, should it fail.

StoneCold

Expert Member
Okay the Mi TV stick 4K arrived yesterday setup was super simple, did an update or two and works like a charm. Image quality is great with HDR. Feel free to ask me any questions if you have. I had the old skyworth box before this one.
Does Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos work decently? That will be my main motivation for buying the MiTV Stick 4K after recent new TV purchase. If so, will gladly pick one up for myself when its my birthday in May :D

joshuatree

Expert Member

Impressive that the TV's usb port can power it.

Chromecast Ultra needed a power supply.

binloud

I'm pretty sure they're going to run into issues trying to do anything heavy with only the TV's USB as power supply.
Cool ill use the brick thats included, havent had any issues so far but am aware the USB on TV has draw backs.

StoneCold

Expert Member
Does Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos work decently? That will be my main motivation for buying the MiTV Stick 4K after recent new TV purchase. If so, will gladly pick one up for myself when its my birthday in May :D

@binloud any feedback with regards to Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos performance?

Ecco

Executive Member
Anybody connected a game controller to their Mi Box? Anybody been able to link 2?

Keen to play some games, mostly retro arcade...so having two controllers linked will be great.

Please share what works.

Thanks

Lupus

Honorary Master
Anybody connected a game controller to their Mi Box? Anybody been able to link 2?

Keen to play some games, mostly retro arcade...so having two controllers linked will be great.

Please share what works.

Thanks

Yes I've connected a Xbox controller to it and yes connected 2.

StoneCold

Expert Member
Yes I've connected a Xbox controller to it and yes connected 2.

Was it wireless or wired controllers? I'm keen to get a wireless Xbox One controller as I have two wired PDP Xbox controllers, but sadly they're not compatible with either my MiBox 3 or Ematic for Steamlink (specifically).

Using my older Xbox 360 wireless receiver on the Ematic, works like a charm for Steamlink gameplay, even my wired Gioteck VX4 PS4 controllers. But for some reason, the wired PDP one just doesn't want to work :)