Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

KaMoS

Expert Member
Have you checked what it says when you play one of these files?
333eedd4440ca72bfcc87552547a621e.jpg

KaMoS

Expert Member
Dolby Vision is the HDR part, I'd bet 5 money if you check the file history before it was renamed in Sonarr you'll see DV in the file name.
Checked the file and you're right. It does say DV on the file name. What does that mean, my Mi Box doesn't support Dolby Vision?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Got the 4k streaming stick. Av1 is just brilliant less than 10mpbs needed for 4k content. The soon to be useless DStv app is also faster than on the old Mi tv stick. My VPN and Kodi also works. Very impressed will get me another one for sure.

joshuatree

Expert Member
Got the 4k streaming stick. Av1 is just brilliant less than 10mpbs needed for 4k content. The soon to be useless DStv app is also faster than on the old Mi tv stick. My VPN and Kodi also works. Very impressed will get me another one for sure.
Price, from where? Bargain, or normal pricing?

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master

Who is streaming using AV1 codec?

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
They're free like Youtube but sometimes there's indie documentaries/movies I rent on there.

Okay must make a point of checking them out. But if AV1 is that good - then I must get a Xiaomi 4K streaming stick, or a Fire TV 4k MAX stick, as they are around the same price point, and both are currently the only devices I know of that support AV1 codec.

Could be an option to upgrade the Mi-Box 3 in the lounge, and as more services begin supporting AV1 - the streaming experience should improve despite our shitty internet

binloud

Okay must make a point of checking them out. But if AV1 is that good - then I must get a Xiaomi 4K streaming stick, or a Fire TV 4k MAX stick, as they are around the same price point, and both are currently the only devices I know of that support AV1 codec.

Could be an option to upgrade the Mi-Box 3 in the lounge, and as more services begin supporting AV1 - the streaming experience should improve despite our shitty internet
Here is a pretty indepth review of the Xiaomi 4K stick, compares a few things. Also can support a hub for a few functions, I am sure you asked earlier.