Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

furpile

Expert Member
That is not the 1080p version, that is the 4K version, it should be more than a little faster than the Mi-Box, as for remote disconnections, or overheating ... , I don't know. Still want to get one ... , or another Fire TV 4K MAX stick.
I have the 4K stick. Feels a bit faster than the MiBox. Remote has not disconnected yet, just had the wakeup issue while it was still on the old TV without CEC. Only had it for a week or 2 so cannot comment on overheating.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
A question about the remote of the Xiaomi Mi 4K TV Streaming Stick remote.

What is the function of the upper left button next to the back button. Pressing it brings up a blue screen.

Thanks

furpile

Expert Member
A question about the remote of the Xiaomi Mi 4K TV Streaming Stick remote.

What is the function of the upper left button next to the back button. Pressing it brings up a blue screen.

Thanks
Think that launches PatchWall. From what I could figure out it links all your services and you can watch your shows from one place no matter which service. Kind of like the Discover feature on Plex now. I never use it though.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
Think that launches PatchWall. From what I could figure out it links all your services and you can watch your shows from one place no matter which service. Kind of like the Discover feature on Plex now. I never use it though.

Okay, not sure what patchwall is, but I will Google and see what can be done with it, thanks.

Last edited:

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master

No AV1 and an old chipset. These feels like an upgrade rather than new.

4 Gig. RAM no big deal - need more than that to go 64 bit, only then will RAM make any sense.

Processor is nothing special, extra storage, can do that via USB stick. No AV1, so what's the point of 8K?

Sandrakaryn

That is not the 1080p version, that is the 4K version, it should be more than a little faster than the Mi-Box, as for remote disconnections, or overheating ... , I don't know. Still want to get one ... , or another Fire TV 4K MAX stick.
Can anyone tell me if Mibox supports Britbox