Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

Vernon

Expert Member
Damn - I will keep my eyes peeled for the next solution - showbox maybe

Tea TV is decent. It's no Terrarium (not as many shows as that one) but its been reliable enough for me on both Windows and Android.

rawdog

I find that the links on TeaTv is slow. Lots of buffering that o never experienced with Terrarium. I like Morpheus but that is shutting down as well

1geoff99

The Android TV Remote Control app would no longer work over wi-fi after the latest update. Solved as follows:

Settings -> Apps -> scroll down to 'System app' -> find 'Android TV Remote Service' -> click on 'Force stop' -> click on 'Clear data' (click 'OK' when prompted). Restart (long-press on remote control power button, click centre button when you see 'Restart'). You will be asked to pair to remote the next time you use the Android TV Remote Control app and all should be fine again.

You can try the same kind of procedure to solve problems with other apps that don't work properly. Much less painful than a factory reset.

PDF_27

The Android TV Remote Control app would no longer work over wi-fi after the latest update. Solved as follows:

Settings -> Apps -> scroll down to 'System app' -> find 'Android TV Remote Service' -> click on 'Force stop' -> click on 'Clear data' (click 'OK' when prompted). Restart (long-press on remote control power button, click centre button when you see 'Restart'). You will be asked to pair to remote the next time you use the Android TV Remote Control app and all should be fine again.

You can try the same kind of procedure to solve problems with other apps that don't work properly. Much less painful than a factory reset.
Thanks, was having that same issue after the update. With your solution, its now working.

phly

Expert Member
I read elsewhere the update is not all that it's cracked out to be - I guess i'll hold off

Deanoblado

I only have two issues on this box after XX79 update.

DSTV now not working
Audio drop outs on DD+

Can anyone confirm if resolved on this new version?

phly

Expert Member
Does DSTV Now channels show under apps like netflix or youtube shows recommended or subscription items?

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
The update has failed twice for me. It downloads and verifies, but on reboot it just freezes. Any ideas on a fix?

Very irritating that it downloads the update from scratch every time.