Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

Vernon

Expert Member
The update has failed twice for me. It downloads and verifies, but on reboot it just freezes. Any ideas on a fix?

Very irritating that it downloads the update from scratch every time.

How much free space do you still have on your device?
It did the same for a friend of mine until he cleared up some space. The update then installed fine for him.

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
How much free space do you still have on your device?
It did the same for a friend of mine until he cleared up some space. The update then installed fine for him.

So its one of two things.
1. Cleared some space (initially still had 2GB of space so dont think its that)
2. After it restarted, my TV turned off. I then turned my tv on manually to see what was going on. After the second time I noticed the install bar would stop at a different place depending on how long it took for me to switch on my tv.

This time I just left it off, and the Mibox did the installation and turned the TV on when it was done. Successful installation. Weird issue.

naeem.ally

Same thing is happening to showmax. It pops up recommendations once in a while then disappears again. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success

Showmax started showing after I opened the app.
I’ll monitor and check if it disappears.
I think we may need to do a factory reset, would that count as an extra device entry for Dstv Now?

PDF_27

Showmax started showing after I opened the app.
I’ll monitor and check if it disappears.
I think we may need to do a factory reset, would that count as an extra device entry for Dstv Now?
Nope, same device ID

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member

aomar296

Guys anyone tried the usb ethernet adaptor from Matrix?

I remember someone posting about it not working at first. Did you eventually get it to work?

Any feedback on the latest Oreo build?

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master

aomar296

Is it worth the upgrade from MM yet or should I rather wait?

Any reason why the adapter doesn't work on MM? Will the takealot one work on MM or will I need to upgrade?

Not looking to spend much as I still need 20m of cable for this setup just because my mibox can't seem to pickup consistent wifi signal