Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

aomar296

Mine same issue router 2.4ghz is also about less then 10metres away but speed is so inconsistent

One day it's perfect next day it's extremely frustrating

GAD

So dualband router with 5ghz is then the answer for Dstv buffering issues?

stiller26

I now have a dual band router.
Will disconnect the cable and see how it performs on the 5ghz band.

aomar296

Is it safe to upgrade from MM to Oreo if you using ethernet instead of WiFi as you don't have to worry about the WiFi bug?

Any other fundamental bugs I should be concerned about and what are the real life benefits of upgrading to latest Oreo anyways?

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
Is it safe to upgrade from MM to Oreo if you using ethernet instead of WiFi as you don't have to worry about the WiFi bug?

Any other fundamental bugs I should be concerned about and what are the real life benefits of upgrading to latest Oreo anyways?

What wifi bug?

I believe people were saying you get a forced update eventually, if you wait too long?

Would say benefit would be latest security patches.

duckgray

has anyone else experience extreme lagging after the latest upgrade. especially after the device is woken up?

Also, since the upgrade happened, showmax doesn't work any more. screen blacks out and then displays the dashboard.

Deanoblado

has anyone else experience extreme lagging after the latest upgrade. especially after the device is woken up?

Also, since the upgrade happened, showmax doesn't work any more. screen blacks out and then displays the dashboard.

I had this issue when i went from MM to Oreo, installed the new updates(currently on latest) and everything is back to normal. but i started all over e.g did a factory reset. box is smooth and fast. dstv now works well. connected via wifi. No more rebooting the device every time i want to use it.

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
I had this issue when i went from MM to Oreo, installed the new updates(currently on latest) and everything is back to normal. but i started all over e.g did a factory reset. box is smooth and fast. dstv now works well. connected via wifi. No more rebooting the device every time i want to use it.

YouTube and Twitch also working fine?

Deanoblado

YouTube and Twitch also working fine?
I stream youtube in 4k no issues. don't use twitch. netflix streams fine as well although i dont use the box for netflix. i use TV built in app. only issues i have is with the sound, frequent sound dropouts on DD+>

elf_lord_ZC5

Honorary Master
I stream youtube in 4k no issues. don't use twitch. netflix streams fine as well although i dont use the box for netflix. i use TV built in app. only issues i have is with the sound, frequent sound dropouts on DD+>

Only play back in stereo - should not have any issues with audio. Will wait awhile and then upgrade. Thanks.

Sukkafool

When i open Netflix on the Mi Box, the colour seems fine however if i start playing something for example Iron fist season 2, the description shows up as HDR via the mi box, and UHD 4K via my tv's built in app. The colour on the mibox is dull and completely washed out. my mibox is set to 4k 60hz, 10bit colour depth. Weirdly the mibox has done the HDR under the netflix description for a while now since the original oreo update however the colour has never been an issue, anyone else go through this or is this a new issue altogether?

No issues colour wise etc on any other apps ie plex/showmax/kodi

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
When i open Netflix on the Mi Box, the colour seems fine however if i start playing something for example Iron fist season 2, the description shows up as HDR via the mi box, and UHD 4K via my tv's built in app. The colour on the mibox is dull and completely washed out. my mibox is set to 4k 60hz, 10bit colour depth. Weirdly the mibox has done the HDR under the netflix description for a while now since the original oreo update however the colour has never been an issue, anyone else go through this or is this a new issue altogether?
I'm keen to hear responses to this.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a MI Box (mostly so the SO can stream Netflix - we already have DSTV for "that damned football of yours"... )

rawdog

Since the update, my mibox no longer wakes my TV up when I press the power button.

I tried YouTube twice since then and it worked fine

Netflix streamed well but on two occasions picture froze while sound continued, then the picture fast forwards to catch up with the sound.

I stopped using terrarium even though I have a working version and Morpheus is working out amazing for me.

DStv now has been working perfectly. No freezing nothing but I am connected to the ethernet adapter. I need to go wireless again and see how it all works out

Mercury12

Expert Member
Since the update, my mibox no longer wakes my TV up when I press the power button.

I tried YouTube twice since then and it worked fine

Netflix streamed well but on two occasions picture froze while sound continued, then the picture fast forwards to catch up with the sound.

I stopped using terrarium even though I have a working version and Morpheus is working out amazing for me.

DStv now has been working perfectly. No freezing nothing but I am connected to the ethernet adapter. I need to go wireless again and see how it all works out

Which ethernet adapter are you using? My wifi speeds are very slow after the update.

Awesum

Expert Member
If you press the power button about a million times, it will eventually wake up.