Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

Sumen

Expert Member
Since the last update my Mi Box no longer starts up from sleep mode if it has been in that state for more than a few hours, and the TTV app now has continuous lip-sync issues. The latter though could just be the app itself, seeing as the dev has made it clear he intends for it to be shut down.

Aside from that, no other major complaints.
A reset will fix that

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
Netflix streamed well but on two occasions picture froze while sound continued, then the picture fast forwards to catch up with the sound.

Thank you!!! I thought I was the only one that has that Netflix issue. Experience the same thing now and then. Its only happened a handful of times so not a major issue for me. Also havent had it since the latest update but that could be because of various reasons.

aomar296

Hi there

What speeds are you getting with this Orico adaptor,

I noted some adaptors have speed limitations and don't necessarily give you the full speed of your fibre

Thanks

stiller26

Hi there

What speeds are you getting with this Orico adaptor,

I noted some adaptors have speed limitations and don't necessarily give you the full speed of your fibre

Thanks

I’m on 20 down and getting full speed.
Mine is the usb 3.0.

aomar296

I bought this one from Takealot: https://www.takealot.com/orico-usb2-0-fast-ethernet-adapter/PLID45215490
On MM it worked fine however the box needed to be restarted each time it woke from sleep to detect it. However since the Oreo update, it works perfectly and wakes and connects when the box is turned on from sleep.
Thanks Stiller,

I'm looking at the Orico Usb 2.0 without additional ports. Badtrev what speeds are you getting?

Did you have to install any drivers and are you still on MM or Oreo? Which build?

Vernon

Expert Member
Also full speed on the ce-link and it has 2 drives plus a wireless adaptor plugged in.

Little engine that could.

Yeah it's a great little product. Well built.
The packaging was neat, too. Kind of felt like I was opening a type of jewelry box. lol

badtrev

Thanks Stiller,

I'm looking at the Orico Usb 2.0 without additional ports. Badtrev what speeds are you getting?

Did you have to install any drivers and are you still on MM or Oreo? Which build?
I am on Oreo, not sure of the build number, but I do have the latest update. I only have a 4Mb line, but I get full speed. And I actually have the Ethernet adapter connected to a hub that's connected directly to Mi Box. I didn't isntall any drivers, just plugged in and it worked.

crawler

Expert Member
I am on Oreo, not sure of the build number, but I do have the latest update. I only have a 4Mb line, but I get full speed. And I actually have the Ethernet adapter connected to a hub that's connected directly to Mi Box.
What easiest way to check what speed one gets on the mibox

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
Yeah it's a great little product. Well built.
The packaging was neat, too. Kind of felt like I was opening a type of jewelry box. lol

You should check out their cellphones as well. Well built and great value for money. My wife and myself have a Xiaomi phone.

groen_mamba

Can anyone suggest usefull apps to download, besides the obvious ones. Got my Mi Box over the weekend, and slowly figuring out Kodi etc. Still need to check out sideloading and and and which is not easy for a techno noob

crawler

Expert Member
Is there a streaming service that gives dolby 5.1 like netflix

Terraruim nor morpheus gives this