Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

techaddict786

My mibox is making me mad today! Keeps disconnecting from WiFi even after several restarts; all this after the latest android update :((

Quattro!

factory reset after an update removes some of the known issues. I had a false WiFi disconnection on startup caused by Sling TV but turning off auto start for sling solved it.

MDE

Expert Member
Just quickly checking. DStv now says 503 service unavailable. Just me or anyone else.

Mobile phone connects fine.

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
Just quickly checking. DStv now says 503 service unavailable. Just me or anyone else.

Mobile phone connects fine.
Im not even getting a 503 http error (that means their server cantle hande the request, btw).

Im getting a straight up Runtime exception from the app. Poor form DSTV.

Edit:
SocketTimeoutException when accessing Home and Live TV.

http 503 when accessing Catchup.

Basically its a Saturday afternoon and everyone is on DSTV now. Their servers shat themselves.

dabbler

Expert Member
My mibox is making me mad today! Keeps disconnecting from WiFi even after several restarts; all this after the latest android update :((
Mine tells me no WiFi connection every now and then but carries on streaming normally

Vernon

Expert Member
Very late to the party but I finally tried out the AceStream app (readily available via the Google Play Store) inputing the relevant content ID (you can find those on reddit) for each particular stream. Using it on the Mi Box.

At the moment watching some EPL footy at 1080p. So far only some minor initial buffering on a 20Mbps line. Smooth after that.

I'll test it some more and maybe tinker with some of the settings, but most probably will make this my go-to live-streaming app on the Mi.

Sumen

Expert Member
Very late to the party but I finally tried out the AceStream app (readily available via the Google Play Store) inputing the relevant content ID (you can find those on reddit) for each particular stream. Using it on the Mi Box.

At the moment watching some EPL footy at 1080p. So far only some minor initial buffering on a 20Mbps line. Smooth after that.

I'll test it some more and maybe tinker with some of the settings, but most probably will make this my go-to live-streaming app on the Mi.
So that's how you use acestream!, going to try out.

StephDS

Hi guys,

I got my Xiaomi Mi box 3 a couple of months ago. The Mi Box was working very well, no problems. I was using Terrarium TV which was excellent and then it shut down.

Now I am using Tea TV which was working well for the first 2 weeks that I had it but now the links won't play and if they do, they buffer every 10 seconds. Can anybody recommend a decent free streaming app that is similar to Terrarium and works well?

Another issue that I have been experiencing after downloading Tea TV is that my mibox won't connect to my wifi extension. So I have now connected it to my original wifi router which seems to be slower than the extension. Is there any way to fix this issue? Is there a reason why I can't connect to my extension anymore?