Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop Review (1C)

Gona_G

Hi guys, we've got the 1c vacuum and we are so happy with it except that the suction really seems to be getting worse and worse everytime we use it. Bought it with last years BF specials and use it atleast 2 times a week (sometimes a bit more). We clean after every use and haven't replaced any of the brushes or filter as yet - checked the service schedule on the app and it's not required just yet.
To get it to clean decently we have to set it to turbo mode and that just drains the battery so quickly.
Is this normal? Is there anything that can be done to get it back to out the box performance levels?

Speedster

Honorary Master
Hi guys, we've got the 1c vacuum and we are so happy with it except that the suction really seems to be getting worse and worse everytime we use it. Bought it with last years BF specials and use it atleast 2 times a week (sometimes a bit more). We clean after every use and haven't replaced any of the brushes or filter as yet - checked the service schedule on the app and it's not required just yet.
To get it to clean decently we have to set it to turbo mode and that just drains the battery so quickly.
Is this normal? Is there anything that can be done to get it back to out the box performance levels?
Maybe try a new filter?

atlas3686

Hey guys, I'm deciding between the Mop/1C and Mop Pro version and was wondering if the Mop/1C is now also able to do scheduled cleaning of specific rooms?
Kids started "cooking" so need to clean the kitchen everyday after they are done cleaning :laugh:

Yes with the latest update it is possible to have it clean a specific room. It's not perfect though, the system decides what constitutes a room (you can't edit those decisions, you can only name each space).

I've been trying to get "specific room cleaning" integrated into my home assistant setup but haven't had much luck, if anyone has done this would really appreciate the help. Just getting it integrated for basic functionality was more of a challenge than I expected but came right using this custom integration: https://community.home-assistant.io...eeping-vacuum-cleaner-white-stytj01zhm/185089

Vades

Anyone else updated the firmware to 3.5.8_1110?

I did today and see that it now shows the actual route the device takes on the map. Not sure about any other new features/fixes.

MartinB86

I just want to find out of I am the only person that is 100% disappointed in this product and (especially) Xiaomi support?

When I was shopping for a robot vacuum (December 2020), I came across this thread and prompted me to choose the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop. Since I have owned the robot, it has NEVER once been able to return to the docking station after cleaning. Further after the most recent update, it just gets 'stuck' in the area where it starts unable to move around the house. I purchased it through Builder's Warehouse (online) and returned it a month or so after purchasing it for an assessment as instructed by Xiaomi support (mobileinafrica / SA distributor). After a month or so without any feedback, received a message saying it is ready to be picked up again...nothing was done to the unit. Only comment on the return slip was: 'No fault found. Finished cleaning cycle and returned to dock.' I have multitude of videos I have recorded of it unable to find the dock...

The only thing that makes sense to me is that my device is faulty (due to other positive reviews), but clearly the support for this product is non-existing.

My problems with this robot:

* Bad navigation
* Unable to return to charging dock
* Never able to actually finish saving the map, as unit never finishes a clean by it self (have to pick up and place on dock to charge)
* Each firmware update simply made it worse (recent one making the device actually useless)
* Non-existing customer support

The only good thing I can say is that even with the terrible navigation, it actually does pick up a lot of dust (before recent update).

Noisybottom

I just want to find out of I am the only person that is 100% disappointed in this product and (especially) Xiaomi support?

When I was shopping for a robot vacuum (December 2020), I came across this thread and prompted me to choose the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop. Since I have owned the robot, it has NEVER once been able to return to the docking station after cleaning. Further after the most recent update, it just gets 'stuck' in the area where it starts unable to move around the house. I purchased it through Builder's Warehouse (online) and returned it a month or so after purchasing it for an assessment as instructed by Xiaomi support (mobileinafrica / SA distributor). After a month or so without any feedback, received a message saying it is ready to be picked up again...nothing was done to the unit. Only comment on the return slip was: 'No fault found. Finished cleaning cycle and returned to dock.' I have multitude of videos I have recorded of it unable to find the dock...

The only thing that makes sense to me is that my device is faulty (due to other positive reviews), but clearly the support for this product is non-existing.

* Bad navigation
* Never able to actually finish saving the map, as unit never finishes a clean by it self (have to pick up and place on dock to charge)
* Each firmware update simply made it worse (recent one making the device actually useless)

The only good thing I can say is that even with the terrible navigation, it actually does pick up a lot of dust (before recent update).
My experience with my Xiaomi vacuum mop has a been the total opposite. Mine has worked proper without any issue since I got it June 2020. It's changed my life and i am in fact a guy that will recommend this to anybody. A few family and colleagues have bought on my recommendation and all have been super happy. Sorry you are experiencing opposite especially when most of the reviews are glowing.
I can't comment on support of the MIA but I have ordered items on a few occasions from them and those experience were top draw.

MartinB86

My experience with my Xiaomi vacuum mop has a been the total opposite. Mine has worked proper without any issue since I got it June 2020. It's changed my life and i am in fact a guy that will recommend this to anybody. A few family and colleagues have bought on my recommendation and all have been super happy. Sorry you are experiencing opposite especially when most of the reviews are glowing.
I can't comment on support of the MIA but I have ordered items on a few occasions from them and those experience were top draw.
Honestly, this just makes me angry. I can really imagine that this product can, as you mention 'Change your life', if it was working as advertised. Me and my wife work full time with 2 kids and no help at home due to Covid. Which is the main reason, I have just left the issue until now. We REALLY need the help and until now, it was better than nothing. Recent firmware update seems to have rendered it useless though.

I am going to try support via MIA again, I have very little hope of receiving any help via Builder's Warehouse based on previous return.

Dylan_G

Expert Member

* Bad navigation

Does it have a "clean along the edges" setting?

Tinuva

The Magician

* Bad navigation

Do you have the version without the lidar detection? The pro have it.

Also, how many obstacles on the floor, especially around the docking station?

chrisc

Executive Member

* Bad navigation

<snip>

* Bad navigation

Your experience is not dis-similar to mine. I have had it since October.
I found putting the docking station in a different place made it find the dock
It was in a room under the stairs and due to the DB and other stuff in there, the door would only open to about 60 deg. If it bumped the door going in, it would just stop
The most recent firmware update (3.5.8 something) caused it to lose the map and it now stops in the same room it started
Got a nice reply from service.global@xaiomi.com. Was told to return to the shop, but this is in England so tricky...

MartinB86

Does it have a "clean along the edges" setting?
Not that I could find.

Do you have the version without the lidar detection? The pro have it.

Also, how many obstacles on the floor, especially around the docking station?
It is the 1C version same as the reviewed one. The docking station is located in my living room with enough room around it (0.5m+ to each side). Only real obstacles are the couches and tv cabinet.

Your experience is not dis-similar to mine. I have had it since October.
I found putting the docking station in a different place made it find the dock
It was in a room under the stairs and due to the DB and other stuff in there, the door would only open to about 60 deg. If it bumped the door going in, it would just stop
The most recent firmware update (3.5.8 something) caused it to lose the map and it now stops in the same room it started
Got a nice reply from service.global@xaiomi.com. Was told to return to the shop, but this is in England so tricky...
I also thought this might be the problem at first (when it was first located in our bedroom), but currently the dock is located in the living room with more than enough room around it.

Umzimbeet

Not that I could find.

It is the 1C version same as the reviewed one. The docking station is located in my living room with enough room around it (0.5m+ to each side). Only real obstacles are the couches and tv cabinet.

I also thought this might be the problem at first (when it was first located in our bedroom), but currently the dock is located in the living room with more than enough room around it.
I've had a Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop Pro since November last year and am very happy with it, it still finds stuff even after sweeping and/or vacuuming manually.
I have found it wandering around looking for the dock a couple of times only, but I do have a house with 3 different levels and it gets moved from level to level but the dock stays in the same place.
Once I thought it was buggered because it left its dock and froze, after numerous attempts to get it going I found out how to reset it and that sorted it out.

Have you tried a reset?

callen

* Bad navigation

My first device I used for many many hours. I thought I would get another one for the lower floor of my home.

The new vacuum would not dock no matter how many times I tried. I thought maybe it was the dock that was faulty, I tried docking the old unit to the new dock and it would dock without issues, the new vacuum would never want to dock to either the new dock or the old dock. I tried hard resetting the device and it still didn't work, I thought I was just unlucky and got a bad device.

Luckily I had returned it back to Takealot and they refunded me.

Maybe try a different builders and record a video of the device struggling to dock. Screenshot_20210810-204834_Gmail.jpg

Bundu

Expert Member
to the 1C owners that have had theirs for a while, does the below mix of spares seem good? Any other spares that one would need?

Xiaomi Mijia 1C 1T spares.jpg