Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop Review (1C)

crawler

Expert Member
I split my rooms, but...

Area clean ups don't work. It cleans the area and then the rest of map as well

Gamer

Expert Member
Hey guys, just grabbed a Pro model last night for what I think (hope) is a good price.
What are the suggested spares I buy now and keep on hand please? What gets replaced the soonest?
Thank you!

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
Did the original Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum ever get a firmware update to add functionality such as adding no go zones and naming rooms etc? Mine still running the same old software from three years ago. Had several updates over the years but zilch functionality added to the app itself. Meh.
Pretty much abandoned?

Tinuva

The Magician
Did the original Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum ever get a firmware update to add functionality such as adding no go zones and naming rooms etc? Mine still running the same old software from three years ago. Had several updates over the years but zilch functionality added to the app itself. Meh.
Pretty much abandoned?
It is more about the fact that this specific vacuum doesn't support saving the map like newer models. Because of this, it can't save rooms or save no go zones etc. It is more a limitation than it is abandoned. If you still get updates it is not abandoned.

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
It is more about the fact that this specific vacuum doesn't support saving the map like newer models. Because of this, it can't save rooms or save no go zones etc. It is more a limitation than it is abandoned. If you still get updates it is not abandoned.
Well it DOES save the map. Everytime I start the map from the previous session is there. But for some strange reason it always redraw the map every time it runs. Which surely is a software thing and nothing to do with hardware?

Tinuva

The Magician
Well it DOES save the map. Everytime I start the map from the previous session is there. But for some strange reason it always redraw the map every time it runs. Which surely is a software thing and nothing to do with hardware?
I run custom firmware on this same robot as you. These guys hacked this thing front to back, and it is the same custom firmware that can do virtual walls and rooms on other newer robots. But on this original one they say they can't enable the same functions because it doesn't have a save map permanently option, only temporary save it. So that is why the features are not added. It is definitely a limitation on the hardware.

Gamer

Expert Member
I have been struggling with my vaccuum for months now. After about 30 cleans, it only ever docked itself twice meaning it never created a map. It would also take far too long to clean. Would run out of battery before clean finished and try dock...
this new firmware 3.5.8_1110 made my vacuum go full mental. Would go forward 0.5m then reverse immediately until it rammed into something then started spinning in circles like crazy. I managed to fix it by following this reddit thread.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/ov12yl
-removing device from APP
-factory resetting
-changing app region to China Mainland
-adding device to mi app and doing a firmware update too 4.1.8_1118
-removing the device from app
-factory reset.
-set region back to South Africa
-adding to app.

The device has now done two successful cleans (much faster than normal) and docked perfectly!

Have not looked up what difference the 3.5.8_1110 SA version vs the 4.1.8_1118 Chinese version has. I am just glad to see my vacuum finally work
I have tried this. The app refuses to find the robot after changing regions. I delete from app first, follow all the steps correctly, no matter what region I choose (besides SA) and it just won't connect to the robot. Change back to SA and it connects straight away.
What am I missing please?

Tinuva

The Magician
I have tried this. The app refuses to find the robot after changing regions. I delete from app first, follow all the steps correctly, no matter what region I choose (besides SA) and it just won't connect to the robot. Change back to SA and it connects straight away.
What am I missing please?
If you use a different region, you have to pair it again.

ahmedomar

Hi all

Just received my vacuum yesterday. Did the first mapping and clean. Happy with the vacuuming but the mopping is quite disappointing. Struggles to remove simple food stains even with a high water level. I feel like the pad is too thin. Do you get thicker replacement pads?

Any suggestions?

Resilience

So the 2C has been announced with shipping pretty much only on Aliexpress currently

You can get the 2700PA 3200Mah upgrade for something like R5650.00 ($372) with shipping ( I assume without taxes )

Anyone willing to workout import tax on this?

This comes with no-go zones, better suction, better battery life, 150m2 apparently, a slightly bigger water tank, and smaller dust bin (swapped 50ml of space) and it has pressurized mopping.

GrootBaas

Expert Member
Anyone managed to source replacement parts locally? Not talking about filters etc, but a replacement wheel. Just opened my 1C and found the left wheel has a broken part which the spring connects to, so now the vacuum is getting quite confused. Not ordering from Aliexpress again as my last few orders didn't make it.

I see there is an option on bidorbuy...

Just sent MIA a WhatsApp message, will see what they say also.

FrankyF

Expert Member
My Mi Robot Vacuum Pro seem to have just lost its suction power.

Was doing a standard vacuum+mop cycle and 3/4 through it lost its suction power.

Changing between silent/standard/medium/turbo in the app appears to have no effect on the suction power, as you can typically hear the vacuum increasing in suction power when cycling the modes.

I cleaned the dust container and filter, checked the brushes and checked that I'm on the latest firmware and have rebooted the vacuum but no change. I haven't done a factory reset yet but I doubt this will fix the issue.

Has anyone experienced this before?

The vacuum is still within its first 12 months so I presume I can possibly have this checked under its 12 month warranty?

Got it from Takealot so I'll have to see if I need to contact Takealot or MIA for this.

finchy

Hi all

Just received my vacuum yesterday. Did the first mapping and clean. Happy with the vacuuming but the mopping is quite disappointing. Struggles to remove simple food stains even with a high water level. I feel like the pad is too thin. Do you get thicker replacement pads?

Any suggestions?
I normally walk around the house and spray food stains/mud stains on the floor with a mix of water and Jik. That softens it up a bit so the pad wipes it easily.

I don't think the problem is the thickness of the pad but rather hard dry food stains are difficult to clean without a bit of force.

finchy

Has anyone come up with a work around for multiple floors? I have 2 steps off my kitchen going down into my garage which I want the vacuum to start cleaning.
Seen some videos of guys building ramps, hoping there is a easier way