Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop Review (1C)

hellfire

Honorary Master
It seems to be linked to a firmware update.
3.5.8_1096 the firmware version that has the mapping update.
For some reason I'm still stuck on 3.5.8_1059, and the app says it's the latest version available.

crawler

Expert Member
It seems to be linked to a firmware update.
3.5.8_1096 the firmware version that has the mapping update.
For some reason I'm still stuck on 3.5.8_1059, and the app says it's the latest version available.
I didn't do firmware update recently

But I am on 1096 checked now with new maps showing

Vades

I am also stuck on 1059.

I had my region set to Chinese Mainland - changed it to SA today and redid my entire household map. Still no update.

hellfire

Honorary Master
I am also stuck on 1059.

I had my region set to Chinese Mainland - changed it to SA today and redid my entire household map. Still no update.
I tried Romania as a random European country.
No luck

shamalh108

Can confirm, I'm also on 1096, also didn't trigger an update (bought mine recently and did update in initial set up) so probably an auto update.

rph72

Executive Member
Update is available. I've seen reports that it is very buggy. What shall I do?

rph72

Executive Member
I will have to reset my map and start from scratch. Too many areas are merged.

scotty_88

Ya I had the same issue. It has split my house into 2 rooms and can't seem to fence of other areas in my house. Will try reset map and try again.

hellfire

Honorary Master
Seems like there was a large scale firmware roll out

Last edited:

hellfire

Honorary Master
Upgraded firmware yesterday.
The first map displayed had the same issue that's been widely reported i.e. an inaccurate breakdown of rooms. The map showed 80% of my house as 1 room, with only 2 other rooms identified.
So I reset the map and sent the 1C on a new learning clean. The app says 3 full cleans are necessary to generate a smart map, but mine generated a map in one clean.
The new map is pretty good.

mechwarrior

The first map displayed had the same issue that's been widely reported i.e. an inaccurate breakdown of rooms. The map showed 80% of my house as 1 room, with only 2 other rooms identified.
So I reset the map and sent the 1C on a new learning clean. The app says 3 full cleans are necessary to generate a smart map, but mine generated a map in one clean.

With this new update, can you now set up scheduled cleaning for specific rooms? (like you can on the pro version?)

rph72

Executive Member

Jip, my map was also done after one clean. Still not 100%. Will reset the map over the weekend and try again. Hopefully it will be better.

hellfire

Honorary Master
With this new update, can you now set up scheduled cleaning for specific rooms? (like you can on the pro version?)
Doesn't seem that much has changed at all from a user interface point of view.
Even sending for an ad hoc clean still requires moving the marker square over the correct point in the map.
The difference is that I don't have to sit figuring out which room is which on the map.