Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S - 6GB RAM 128GB (Viking's Review)

Amnesia

Received the update but it's CRAWLING downloading. Anybody had a similar issue? I've tried it on wifi and mobile data.... Absolutely no difference, just super slow. My connection is super good so that's not the issue.

Okay. I figured it out. Turns out it was the battery saver and background data settings. Updated now and sorted.

Amnesia

Nah it was fine. But I do experience some issues since the update.

Feels slower and a bit jerky due to animations.
Home button shortcut got stuck as if someone is pressing it.

Will have to keep an eye on it.

Mhmm.... I'm not experiencing anything like that but then again it's not been that long. Will report back after a few days.

I like the control centre and floating windows feature.

lambch0p

@RedViking Nice review! :thumbsup:

4GB/64GB variant on Takealot for R3699

Time to upgrade the Redmi 8? :unsure:

Would have liked to go 6GB RAM but seems a bit of a price jump, although maybe not necessary?

RedViking

Nord of the South
@RedViking Nice review! :thumbsup:

4GB/64GB variant on Takealot for R3699

Time to upgrade the Redmi 8? :unsure:

Would have liked to go 6GB RAM but seems a bit of a price jump, although maybe not necessary?
Just check. There is a difference between Redmi Note 9 and Redmi Note 9s. Redmi Note 9s has better specs than the 9.

Tman*

Expert Member
This is the first smartphone I have ever owned where I feel comfortable enough to stretch 2 days usage.

Historically my old phones will be flat by +-8-9pm and I have to place on charge to continue usage before night time, or the phone would be so flat by bed time that I would not risk going to bed without placing it on charge.

It's a weird feeling having 68% battery life @ 21:30

jbarker

How would the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S compare in terms of performance to the S8? Thinking of upgrading but not sure if I will actually be downgrading... should I rather be looking at the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro?

RedViking

Nord of the South
How would the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S compare in terms of performance to the S8? Thinking of upgrading but not sure if I will actually be downgrading... should I rather be looking at the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro?
1604388603147.png

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master

Keep the S8 for another year.

Smugs

Expert Member
Anybody got OTG to work on their phone? I plugged a flash drive into my phone using an adapter and the phone does not see the drive.