Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S - 6GB RAM 128GB (Viking's Review)

RedViking

Nord of the South
Yeah not sure what is going on. Has been out for a couple of weeks already, except my phone doesn't want to upgrade or finish the download. So I am just leaving it for a while now.

Tman*

Expert Member
gave my 9s to my mom recently after 6 months of use.

She is SUPER impressed with the battery life and overall the phone

Groggyme

Getting my Note 9s today after a month of waiting. Anything I should do / not do before I use it? Any hints or tips?

Bighit

Expert Member
Both my wife and I have the same phone as discussed here but lately have been experiencing the same issue with both phones. If you're in WhatsApp or whatever app where the top right icon in an app is touch sensitive, the icon will be triggered and it only stops when you take the phone cover off. Not sure of anyone else has had the same but just odd that both of our phones started doing it at the same time.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Both my wife and I have the same phone as discussed here but lately have been experiencing the same issue with both phones. If you're in WhatsApp or whatever app where the top right icon in an app is touch sensitive, the icon will be triggered and it only stops when you take the phone cover off. Not sure of anyone else has had the same but just odd that both of our phones started doing it at the same time.
yeah, also happens sometimes. But usually when I have sticky finger from eating ribs. :laugh:

RedViking

Nord of the South
Nice!

Anyway, found something actually useful on Reddit and other places about debloating, ads and notifications if anyone is interested. Also this article on Gadget 360 about removing ads.

Edit: The link to the Xiaomi Tools used for Debloating. No rooting needed apparently.
I pretty much use all the Xiaomi apps and what came with the phone. I just switched off promotion or suggestions in each app.

JOEY_8

So MIUI version down, but Android version up?

Edit: Mmmm, the update seems no longer available on my phone.
Yeah it's very weird. It did that for me too originally but I kept pressing Check for updates and it came back

JOEY_8

I have also started noticing screen "burn in" recently.
Something I noticed (could have always been there) is that you can hide the notch:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-14-16-03-13-942_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-14-16-03-13-942_com.android.settings.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 24