Xiaomi Repair Conudrum (Redmi etc)

Lupus

Honorary Master
Been asking around for months for a replacement screen on the wife's Xiaomi. Tonight i decided to Google and found a repair centre (Bedfordview) inside of 5 minutes eish. Hope this helps the OP and anyone else out there. Pricing is fair, considering availability, and includes repair cost. Free shipping on repairs over R1000.
Have found them, contacted them no stock of screens and R500 more than mia

rockNsurf

Aha, i agree. But can't find any cheaper alternative locally. Is it worth it to import your own part? The one in the link doesnt deliver to SA. Someone told me to check online stores in India, coz these devices are popular there.

i have a redmi 2 with a broken screen....is it worth fixing?
Thats the same one we have. I will make sure i repair it, it's an awesome phone really. OS is better and smoother than OEM Android from my (limited) experience
Have found them, contacted them no stock of screens and R500 more than mia
Aw crap man. Shot for the update Lupus. I'll report back if i find any suitable alternative.

Beachless

Executive Member
Buy a new screen from AliExpress the shippings a bit slow but it's really cheap.

Then watch a YouTube video or two on how to replace the screen it's really not difficult.

Worse case you can take the screen and phone to one of those Pakistani phone shops to do the replacement.

bar1

Expert Member
Buy a new screen from AliExpress the shippings a bit slow but it's really cheap.

Then watch a YouTube video or two on how to replace the screen it's really not difficult.

Worse case you can take the screen and phone to one of those Pakistani phone shops to do the replacement.
great idea!!

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I have a Xiaomi Mi6 that I ordered through Gearbest a while back.
The front glass cracked and eventually a drop of water seeped in and now the screen displays every colour you can possibly think of.

Initially, I contacted https://mia.africa.com/za/ and they couriered it to their offices, only to be told that since the phone was imported, they are not going to fix it for me... How retarded is that?
They could've told me that in the beginning when I initially told them that the damn phone was imported. What a waste of time...

Anyway, I desperately want to fix this beaut but I can't seem to find a service center anywhere in SA to do this for me.
Anyone know who I can contact to get this fixed?

Solitude

Expert Member
I have a Xiaomi Mi6 that I ordered through Gearbest a while back.
The front glass cracked and eventually a drop of water seeped in and now the screen displays every colour you can possibly think of.

Initially, I contacted https://mia.africa.com/za/ and they couriered it to their offices, only to be told that since the phone was imported, they are not going to fix it for me... How retarded is that?
They could've told me that in the beginning when I initially told them that the damn phone was imported. What a waste of time...

Anyway, I desperately want to fix this beaut but I can't seem to find a service center anywhere in SA to do this for me.
Anyone know who I can contact to get this fixed?
Maybe try these guys:
https://miphones.co.za/pages/local-repairs