Xiaomi TV box and DSTV now app

SweetJizas

I've installed DSTV now app and it gives me a code that I must go online and enter it.

I go online and I dont see where should I add this code.

I even tried casting from my phone to my TV box and only the audio is casted and no video

crawler

Expert Member
I've installed DSTV now app and it gives me a code that I must go online and enter it.

I go online and I dont see where should I add this code.

I even tried casting from my phone to my TV box and only the audio is casted and no video
Go to link on a laptop that it is displayed on mibox, need to be logged into dstv on laptop

Type code in and will link mibox

Does sound work on other apps?

onpartydig

Hi

Does anybody with the Xiaomi Mi box 4, have issues with DSTV now after the last update few days ago. I keep getting the error: "Video Playback Error - Retry/Close" after a few minutes of watching. Happens on Live TV as well as catchup. I have already reinstalled but the error persist.

Regards

Johan

DiabloDane

Expert Member
Hi

Does anybody with the Xiaomi Mi box 4, have issues with DSTV now after the last update few days ago. I keep getting the error: "Video Playback Error - Retry/Close" after a few minutes of watching. Happens on Live TV as well as catchup. I have already reinstalled but the error persist.

Regards

Johan
Yes, ive been getting it alot lately since that update last week sometime

i have the Telkom LTE box but getting the EXACT same error every 5-10 minutes or so of watching, pressing play again resumes play but its irratating as ****

Mogo

Yes, ive been getting it alot lately since that update last week sometime

i have the Telkom LTE box but getting the EXACT same error every 5-10 minutes or so of watching, pressing play again resumes play but its irratating as ****
Same. And what's worse is that I convinced my Aunt to cancel one of her DSTV subscriptions in the entertainment area, and replaced it for a mibox S with the DSTV Now app for live sports...

DiabloDane

Expert Member
Same. And what's worse is that I convinced my Aunt to cancel one of her DSTV subscriptions in the entertainment area, and replaced it for a mibox S with the DSTV Now app for live sports...
some bull shiet right there man

DiabloDane

Expert Member
someone will come around and help us, MyBB hasnt failed me when ive needed help with crap like this, i cant remember his user name, give it a while he will find this thread

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Hi

Regards

Johan
This happens with the official app for Android too, so not isolated to other devices only.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Hi

Regards

Johan
Same problem here. I suspect it to be a DSTV fckup ?

PapaAthena

Hi guys.
There seems to have been an update that has made the skyworth android tv to not allow the dstv now app and showmax app. i think this started around the 18th feb.
i can't even find dstv now or showmax on google pay store if i search via the tv anymore. is anyone experiencing the same on other devices or android tv's?

Netflix, Plex and Prime Tv are working fine.

DiabloDane

Expert Member
Hi guys.
There seems to have been an update that has made the skyworth android tv to not allow the dstv now app and showmax app. i think this started around the 18th feb.
i can't even find dstv now or showmax on google pay store if i search via the tv anymore. is anyone experiencing the same on other devices or android tv's?

Netflix, Plex and Prime Tv are working fine.
Did you previously have dstv on the skyworth?

ABDurbs

It's doesn't seem to be only an issue on Mi box, there is also an issue with DSTV Catch Up Plus and Showmax. This past week I have been in constant battle with DSTV because I cant even download properly at 3mbps. The error I am getting on my Explora download manager is - Unable to Download. Download server error. DSTV have, as usual, blamed everything else except themselves. I cant even watch on my Mi Box either.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Could not log in last night, and they want to unbundle this app, they are really awesome.