You can be fired for refusing Covid-19 vaccine in South Africa

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
You can be fired for refusing Covid-19 vaccine in South Africa

Employers in South Africa may dismiss staff who refuse to receive a vaccination against the coronavirus that causes Covid-19.

However, such termination will only be legal if the employer complies with several strict requirements set out in a directive issued by the Minister of Employment and Labour earlier this month.

This is according to Rapport, quoting legal professionals from ENSafrica and Webber Wentzel.

Companies have until the end of June to develop a vaccination plan, in which they must identify those employees that will be required to receive the vaccine.

krycor

Honorary Master
Who is stupid enough not to get vaccinated.. ironically I think this will be with the >50yr olds who ironically have a higher risk.

In a perfect world the vaccinators will do office site visits and vaccinate en mass.

Ps. I think refusal should include right for group life to exclude you, forced mask wearing, sick leave for covid related absence to be deducted from annual.. because cost thereof could have been mitigated

Ps. How long before annual flu shots become like this? It is the most costly thing for businesses and I suspect company sponsoring this would reduce sick leave.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
In the USA vaccines can't be mandatory because they have only been approved for emergency use. If they had gone through the proper procedure who knows what the US government might have done.

Surprised this is not the case in SA. How can you be forced into taking something that didn't go through the proper steps vaccines usually go through.

shearder

So you see what these boneheads have done. Moved the responsibility to the employers. The ANC pieces of **** are playing with fire

shearder

Who is stupid enough not to get vaccinated.. ironically I think this will be with the >50yr olds who ironically have a higher risk.

In a perfect world the vaccinators will do office site visits and vaccinate en mass.

Ps. I think refusal should include right for group life to exclude you, forced mask wearing, sick leave for covid related absence to be deducted from annual.. because cost thereof could have been mitigated

Ps. How long before annual flu shots become like this? It is the most costly thing for businesses and I suspect company sponsoring this would reduce sick leave.
Off you go boy... have at it ...

C4Cat

Honorary Master
So you see what these boneheads have done. Moved the responsibility to the employers. The ANC pieces of **** are playing with fire
Employees must also be informed of their right to refuse to be vaccinated on constitutional or medical grounds which include bodily integrity, freedom of religion, belief and opinion, and an immediate allergic reaction of any severity to a previous dose or a known allergy to a component of the Covid-19 vaccine

SoldierMan

Executive Member

Look at this genius. Putting utmost faith in experimental vaccines.

Vanessa13

In the USA vaccines can't be mandatory because they have only been approved for emergency use. If they had gone through the proper procedure who knows what the US government might have done.

Surprised this is not the case in SA. How can you be forced into taking something that didn't go through the proper steps vaccines usually go through.
As far as I am concerned, this alone is a valid reason to not take it.

hj007

Expert Member

Every time you express that you might not be keen on the vaccine you get lumped with anti-vaxxers, conspiracy theorists, whatever political nonsense the other person wants to tell you about.

How about if you're just not that keen on taking the vaccine because everything was rushed, at a low risk anyway, or already have antibodies from a prior case, or would just prefer not to?