You can face legal action for liking or sharing a Facebook post

lexis

Unnecessary threatening. I want to see how they are going to prove intent. Do they really expect people to conduct their own research to establish whether a story published by a mainstream media house is true?

j4ck455

Executive Member
“Merely repeating a defamatory statement made by another person may constitute defamation,” said Scott.

By that logic, quoting promises made by politicians, would also be defamatory since these promises are usually blatant lies spouted by the politicians ahead of elections to capture votes with little to zero intention of keeping their empty promises.

Then we have the media:

http://www.news24.com/Elections/New...urt-action-by-mti-over-alleged-slurs-20160809

News24 must be guilty of defamation by simply writing a news article about unmentionable content (that might get me sued by the twisted logic that I posted a link and had nothing to do with writing the news article).

airborne

Honorary Master
Good gawd, don't say this is more click bait from the notorious Kevin Lancaster?

Can anyone confirm that it is a bona fide newsworthy article?

froot

Honorary Master
Good gawd, don't say this is more click bait from the notorious Kevin Lancaster?

Can anyone confirm that it is a bona fide newsworthy article?

Newsworthy, perhaps.
Prosecution-worthy.... doubt it.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
LOL. Yeah sure, won't work. Although I'd like to see the downfall of fake news sites and people to think and do some research before sharing articles (which they probably wish to be true).