You can now be fined or jailed for small tax mistakes. Here's a list of the errors to avoid

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
SARS has been on the decline for some time now. No where near what they used to be. Horror stories of people not receiving refunds for years and not months.

And they have the gall to tell implement harsher penalties when they can't even do their job properly.
Correct. Should have said Sars attitude...

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
This law will go all the way to the ConCourt where it will be chucked out.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
meh

Seems to me another government division trying the whole, we can't be arsed to actually enforce current laws and so we will try and scare the **** out of people to comply.

If the people are going to break the law they are going to break the law, so just find them and arrest them already

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Colonial this and Colonial that, colonialism must be destroyed.

But TAX and VAT, thats good, they keep that.
Every civilisation had a form of tax, whether in grain, heads of cattle, gold or some other precious metal.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
They do not have the literal jailspace required to actually honestly enforce this..... nor the personnel.

They don't need to arrest anyone or everyone, they more interested in the income generated from fines. And you don't need to fine and collect everyone straight away, think of the fines like beer on tap and the glass their manpower, they will collect their fine from the next person once they have emptied with the current person.

This law will go all the way to the ConCourt where it will be chucked out.

Only if someone actually takes them on to the concourt? I stand corrected on this, unless a new law is very obviously unconstitutional the new law won't be tested for constitutional error until there is an actual case brought before the court for it to be tested on? There have been a few existing laws in the past that only got [parts of it] declared unconstitutional when a court case relying on it is brought up. Which if that's the case, majority no individual or smme is going to the courts due to costs.

Last edited:

Brontosaurus

meh

Seems to me another government division trying the whole, we can't be arsed to actually enforce current laws and so we will try and scare the **** out of people to comply.

If the people are going to break the law they are going to break the law, so just find them and arrest them already

This is exactly it. They are too incompetent to just do their job properly, so they sweep it under a rug and try fix it with legislation.

Every ANC policy is just this. Look at the new drinking and driving law they want to implement. It will have zero impact on reducing drinking and driving, and just create more criminals.

Archer

Honorary Master
The thing that always confuses me is the only way they would know you made a mistake, is if they already knew everything. So then why the blue blazes do we need to file tax returns?? Just run the numbers and send a letter/email to everyone that they can check and hey presto you're done.

Supervan II

Expert Member
The thing that always confuses me is the only way they would know you made a mistake, is if they already knew everything. So then why the blue blazes do we need to file tax returns?? Just run the numbers and send a letter/email to everyone that they can check and hey presto you're done.
Yup:

Q1: How much did you earn?
Q2: When can we have it?

Milano

Honorary Master
Only one group of suckers that will be losing sleep over this. The group that needs to be 'less certain'. Which ironically works against them in this instance :ROFL:

surface

Honorary Master
Every civilisation had a form of tax, whether in grain, heads of cattle, gold or some other precious metal.
I vaguely recollect @Hellhound105 being direct descendant of sumerian civilization and hence rightly proud of colonial roots when they introduced taxes (in terms of livestock) more than 4500 years ago. We should all acknowledge the diversified ethnicities we have on this forum and not bash them.

Herr der Verboten

Executive Member
I vaguely recollect @Hellhound105 being direct descendant of sumerian civilization and hence rightly proud of colonial roots when they introduced taxes (in terms of livestock) more than 4500 years ago. We should all acknowledge the diversified ethnicities we have on this forum and not bash them.
Did you get here with the bantu migration :unsure:

ForceFate

Honorary Master
/Smh

What's next?