You can now sign up for a seat on SpaceX’s first civilian flight to the Moon

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator

You can now sign up for a seat on SpaceX’s first civilian flight to the Moon

Space enthusiasts looking for an out-of-this-world travel experience can now sign up for a chance to fly on the first civilian trip to the Moon.

Japanese fashion billionaire Yasuka Maezawa is offering up seats on SpaceX’s first lunar orbital flight, which is expected to take place in 2023.

Maezawa secured a seat for himself and eight passengers on the spacecraft back in 2018.

saor

Honorary Master
So lets all club in and buy a ticket for Malema, on the condition that it is a one-way ticket.
Seems the tickets are free, his lack of moral backbone will prevent his acceptance though.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
That can never be me. I'll get space cabin fever and smash the ship.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I would love to experience this, but Maezawa makes it sound like an exclusive club,

Firstly, by going to space, the person needs to push the envelope of whatever activity they are into, in order to help other people and great society as a whole.

Secondly, the person must be willing and able to support other crew members who share similar aspirations.

It is not known how much Maezawa has paid for the trip, but SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has previously said the cost would be similar to sending an astronaut to the International Space Station.

This means Maezawa likely had to put down around $70 million. This is nothing strange for the billionaire, however, as he previously spent $100 million on a painting.

I don't even want to know how many years it will take to become accessible to the ordinary person. It pays to be rich.

Nonetheless, you can see Maezawa is eager and encouraging this to be a team exercise, though and exclusive opportunity.

GLHF :thumbsup:

Just to add, this is standard practice in this space. Civilians need to be prepared and trained accordingly.

Joseph matane

SpaceX soundtrack to Mars via Moon
[Chorus]
I tried so hard and got so far
But in the end, it doesn't even matter
I had to fall to lose it all

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I submitted my entry. The selection process will be intriguing, considering the political and social climate, but having a chance at this opportunity is better than having no chance.

newby_investor

Expert Member
Be interesting to see how the flat earthers and moon landing conspiracy theorists respond to this one.

Kiemo

Expert Member
SpaceX soundtrack to Mars via Moon
[Chorus]
I tried so hard and got so far
I had to fall to lose it all
One thing I don’t know why

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
At the rate Musk's rockets explode, purchasing a seat and boarding could go down as "Suicide by Musk"