You can walk, jog and walk your dog, but do it alone - Health Minister

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoldierMan

Expert Member
Just saw on eNCA now that there has been a change of plan and there will be no dog walking or jogging allowed.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Just saw on eNCA now that there has been a change of plan and there will be no dog walking or jogging allowed.
Which means there was no plan in the first place

They're making it up as they go along

Death_By_Ebola

So what happens to an IT guy driving to the datacenter at 11pm at night to fix some issue that cannot be fixed remotely? Is that considered essential? Will I be arrested? Do I need a letter from my employer saying I am authorised to drive around to fix stuff?

Or must the issue just stay put until all this blows over and we can go back to work?

RedViking

Nord of the South
So what happens to an IT guy driving to the datacenter at 11pm at night to fix some issue that cannot be fixed remotely? Is that considered essential? Will I be arrested? Do I need a letter from my employer saying I am authorised to drive around to fix stuff?

Or must the issue just stay put until all this blows over and we can go back to work?
Get a letter

powermzii

Expert Member

There is a letter your employer needs to fill with your details that will allow you to proceed

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Nothing changed. The left hand had nfi what the right hand was doing
Come on. Did you watch the briefing?
Mkhize even said that they had been thinking along the lines of allowing it at the point he made that statement, but after reconsidering they decided not to.

surface

Executive Member
Nothing changed. The left hand had nfi what the right hand was doing
Where did you hear/watch Mr Mkhize saying ok for walking dogs? I don't mean a news report - you know how reporters spin statements.
Reason I am asking is I listened to below and he is explaining to a question raised (at 14:40 mark) and he is not really saying 'It will be allowed and period'. He is saying listen we can't answer all the controversial questions but let us say it is very short walk and there is no crowd, maybe it is fine' . He is talking at length and having a conversation. There is no dictat endorsed by him about dogs. He is definitely not assuring that walk with dogs is allowed.

But, if he said something later, I stand corrected.

Eish. I stand corrected. The good minister did say "You can walk with your dog" with some "qualified" conditions.

Last edited:

David101

And we have how many policemen in the entire country to check up on IT guys driving to data centers - or anyone driving anywhere - for that matter?

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Where did you hear/watch Mr Mkhize saying ok for walking dogs? I don't mean a news report - you know how reporters spin statements.
Health Minister Zweli Mkhize said people can walk or exercise in the street during the 21-day lockdown, but that they should do it alone.

“You can take a walk, you can walk with your dog, you can jog, but you must do it alone or with a good distance between you,” Mkhize said.

Unless I am mistaken that's a direct quote. Are you calling Staff Writer a liar?

surface

Executive Member
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.