You can't get more Judeo Christian than Islam

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I've come across an interesting idea on the internet and that is Islam is a spinoff Christianity. The fact that Jesus is a prophet in Islam and Muslims believe like Christians do that Jesus Christ will return to Earth at the end times seem to lend credence to the idea. The fact that Islam has many things in common with Judaism that modern Christianity seems to point that Islam descended from an early form of Christianity that still followed orthodoxies of Judaism. Whereas the modern form of Christianity is more influenced by Greco-Roman culture

3WA

Executive Member
It never made sense to me why Jews and Christians don't progress to Islam. They're pretending they have the ability to discriminate between vague and poorly documented claims to prophethood made hundreds of years ago.

Abraham: good guy
Moses: good guy
Jesus: good guy/ never existed
Mo: LIAR!!!!

Edit: I should probably state that obviously the most rational position is to reject ALL the prophethood claims.

DMNknight

Expert Member
It never made sense to me why Jews and Christians don't progress to Islam. They're pretending they have the ability to discriminate between vague and poorly documented claims to prophethood made hundreds of years ago.

Edit: I should probably state that obviously the most rational position is to reject ALL the prophethood claims.
*snort* hahahahahahaha I think at this stage, Satanism is more progressive, but sure... whatever blows your hair back.

:laugh:

:ROFL:

Sorry I'll try stop...

Arthur

Honorary Master
Actually, Christianity is the most islamic of all faiths, etymologically speaking. It is only in intimate union with Christ, the incarnate Logos, that one can properly be said to be in full and rightly-ordered submission to Almighty God.

The word Islam derives from the Arabic triconsonantal root sīn-lām-mīm (SLM [ س ل م ]). Other cognates are Aslam and Istaslama, Submission, to submit, surrender.

Last edited:

Daruk

Honorary Master
I've come across an interesting idea on the internet and that is Islam is a spinoff Christianity. The fact that Jesus is a prophet in Islam and Muslims believe like Christians do that Jesus Christ will return to Earth at the end times seem to lend credence to the idea. The fact that Islam has many things in common with Judaism that modern Christianity seems to point that Islam descended from an early form of Christianity that still followed orthodoxies of Judaism. Whereas the modern form of Christianity is more influenced by Greco-Roman culture
The problem with Islam and Jesus

1538148460491.png

rietrot

Honorary Master

Christians claim a bit more about Jesus than that he was just a good guy or prophet.

wayfarer

Expert Member
I've come across an interesting idea on the internet and that is Islam is a spinoff Christianity...
Or maybe the reason why the Quarter Pounder With Cheese tastes so much like the McRoyale is because they have the same Producer.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Interesting is that some of the things Muhammed attributed to Jesus in the Koran are completely foreign to Christians like talking as an infant and giving life to clay birds.

The Voice

Executive Member
Would it make you happier if I said super duper good guy who never got nerfed?
He's literally the physical manifestation of God according to Christianity. Don't see anything even remotely similar in Islam. In fact, even mentioning it to Muslims is apparently insulting, assuming that God would take a filthy human form, with all its ageing and defecating and whatnot.

Okty

I would say there is more relation between Judaism and Islam than Christianity.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I would say there is more relation between Judaism and Islam than Christianity.
Yup, it seems that Islam spun off a really early form of Christianity, a form a Christianity which was basically just a sect of Judaism. Modern Christianity in the west has been highly Hellenised and Romanised before the doctrines were set in stone.

Daruk

Honorary Master
The fact that Jesus is a prophet in Islam and Muslims believe like Christians do that Jesus Christ will return to Earth at the end times seem to lend credence to the idea.
Except that Jesus is not the cornerstone of Islam. Matthew 21:42 and John 14:6 are quite clear. That's a fundamental difference between the two for which there's no reconciliation.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Muslims face a multitude of problems by aligning themselves with a prophet Jesus, who, presumably was preaching an early form of Islam to a group of people accepting pure monotheism.
According to Christians, Jesus was crucified and according to muslims he was raised, so basically Allah deceived Jesus "muslim" followers into thinking he was crucified only to be corrected 600 years later. Not a single monotheist witnessed the switch as referred in the Koran and subsequently accepted what later evolved into Christianity.

Furthermore Jesus had no knowledge of "Gods official house" the kaaba in Saudi Arabia which is strange since Abraham built it and he also kept silent about it.

When Muhammed comes along he affirms the preservation of the Bible and then quickly backtracks to say its been corrupted when the Christians expose him as a false prophet. Its at this point he decides to conveniently change the prayer direction from Jerusalem to Mecca in defiance but strangely calls it a test for the muslims.

rambo919

Expert Member
The best explination of Islam I had come accross was Muhammed had had to do with Jews (thus the dislike) and had received a imperfect knowledge of Christianity (his understanding of the Trinity was extremely faulty for example) and alalgamated the two in an Arab fashion which he used to displace the inherent polytheism in the area. He took the Arabs back to their Abrahamic roots in the best way he know how with force and propaganda which was easy because any group with a strong mono-theism is superior to most forms of diluted polytheism.

konfab

Honorary Master
The clue is in the name:
Christians believe that Jesus is the son of God.
Muslims do not, and regard that belief as blasphemy as the glory of God cannot be reduced to a human form.

To Christians (at least theoretically) humans are made in God's image and Jesus is a re-enforcement of that idea. Which implies that human beings should be respected as much as you respect God.
Islam (which means submission), means that human beings are subservient to God.

You cannot reconcile theological differences like these.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
The clue is in the name:
Christians believe that Jesus is the son of God.
Muslims do not, and regard that belief as blasphemy as the glory of God cannot be reduced to a human form.

To Christians (at least theoretically) humans are made in God's image and Jesus is a re-enforcement of that idea. Which implies that human beings should be respected as much as you respect God.
Islam (which means submission), means that human beings are subservient to God.

You cannot reconcile theological differences like these.
You are looking it from the lens of modern Christianity. Many early christian sects were vastly different in their theology than modern christian canon in the west. Mainstream Judaism don't consider Jesus to a prophet of any kind let alone the messiah. Christianity was born out of the Jewish sect that considered Jesus to be a prophet, the fact that Islam does consider Jesus to be a prophet of some kind suggests that Islam was also born out of the same sects.