You will soon be able to service your car anywhere

grump_grouch

I've had nothing but great service from Audi East Rand.
Exact opposite experience with them. Used to get my vehicle back with more faults than when it went in. They were one of the contributors to me getting rid of my Audi.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
My sister bought a Hondnaai i10 a few years ago. Dazzled by the long warranty period BS. However this xcar was a bit of a lemon and nothing ever seemed to be covered by warranty. I even went in with her to collect her car and fight with the workshop manager. I told him they are disgraceful thieves with the way they conduct business. Everytime I see someone in a new Hondnaai I take pity on them.
Oh yeah a friend of mines mother who owns a ix 35 Tupperware Fantasy has also had constant issues of nothing being covered by warranty and stuff replaced that didn't need to be.
A friend bought an i10 found out the same thing and even attempted to fleace him for extra cash for coolant when he sent this car in for a service under a service plan saying the coolant level was too low.

Mekon

Don't doubt your experience...but find that "Hondnaai"(lol) is way better at the after purchase game, than some of the premium brands, yes I am looking at you Audi -- Granted, I generally trade in before hitting the 70k mark, long before the warranty or maintenance plan really should come into play.. that is all part of my PDST thanks to Audi,.will never touch that brand again ...
Yeah Audi. My late father had a 2001 A4. Constant electric window and aircon issues. I had a 1995 A6 Avant 4.2 V8. This was the shape that was the 500 and was rebadged to A6 near the end of its model run. This car was an import and in the 5 years I owned it, it never have a single problem.

Mekon

A friend bought an i10 found out the same thing and even attempted to fleace him for extra cash for coolant when he sent this car in for a service under a service plan saying the coolant level was too low.
These special oils and antifreeze that stealerships sell are made of unicorn tears. That's why they cost so much.

Eniigma

Expert Member
I think this depends on the dealership/service centre you use. I've had nothing but great service from Audi East Rand.
Likewise my experience with Audi service has been amazing. That said though, the second my motor plan expired, my car never went back to them.

Pro tip, Audi maintenance outside of motor plan is not for the faint of heart or those with shallow pockets.

Sollie

Executive Member
If you think about how long warranties have become these days you will understand, Hyundai's 7 year warranty means Hyundai can charge you ridiculous amounts of money for repairs, knowing fully well that they have you captured for 7 years.
Yep. And if you don't use Hyundai approved (valve caps/air freshener/wiper blades) it voids the warranty.

Bit like my friend quoted by the experts on a new wiring harness for his vehicle, a few thousand. I sorted it out when he came for a visit - removing the fuse box in the engine compartment, crimping a spade connector and pushing it back.

Same friend's other vehicle, another dealer. Massive price for a new ECU, tow in costs, labour etc. I referred him to an old friend fixing stuff the dealers can't sort. No cost for parts (friend of a friend), half an hour labour cost. Rat had chewed off a wire at the ECU (visible when the cover is removed).

Plenty of sharks out there.