Your current "want to buy" car

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
HAHAHA! Just sharpen up your C#(sharps) skills then. Oh, and don't impregnant the women you love and who drive your current Opel. Cause that will cost a lot more.

Yet I would not be completely honest if I did not credit all of my good car knowledge to my VAG collecting buddy. My best friend since Std 4 and someone so incredibly knowledgeable on cars I am so glad to have him as friend. And he is a true friend - like remember that first time when you went for a test drive in a 407 V6 coupe and it was ****? Well you're VAG collecting buddy was there besides you and made you smile when he let you try the new Toureg V8 4.2 with Adaptive Cruise Control.

Take it slow. Super slow when you buy a 407.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
HAHAHA! Just sharpen up your C#(sharps) skills then. Oh, and don't impregnant the women you love and who drive your current Opel. Cause that will cost a lot more.

Yet I would not be completely honest if I did not credit all of my good car knowledge to my VAG collecting buddy. My best friend since Std 4 and someone so incredibly knowledgeable on cars I am so glad to have him as friend. And he is a true friend - like remember that first time when you went for a test drive in a 407 V6 coupe and it was ****? Well you're VAG collecting buddy was there besides you and made you smile when he let you try the new Toureg V8 4.2 with Adaptive Cruise Control.

Take it slow. Super slow when you buy a 407.
LOL! Thanks for the wisdom oum Roux! :D

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
No mention of the R35k being CTC or take home pay...
Haha, OK I'll entertain you. R39K take home. CTC is beyond 60. Still... I am married to a PhD that brings home about R10k. She pays most of the kids costs so I can't complain. She has this habbit of qouting myBB text about getting the Astra H whenever I tell her to use my Corsa D. Honestly if you ever wanted to see myBB play such a big part in the lives of average poor folks this would be it. For those that missed my last car craze : https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/661290-Should-I-or-shouldn-t-I-buying-a-slightly-new-car yes in 2014! I can take it back more if you like.

She is really in on me getting a car to fit the real me right now. But I like my bike for the moment, see where this goes.

Sepeng

Expert Member
My new want to buy car is a big a$$ Caravelle , V Class, Sedona, H1 or some such. With two kids, grandparents that like popping in from outta town, and a lab, space is the new power in my life. A station wagon just won't cut it I don't think.
They are eye watering expensive though.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
H1 is nice, I was thinking of getting one for when I go to far off cycle events. Then I can just sleep in my van.

Drifter

Honorary Master
After watching The Grand Tour last night, back with the Alfa Guilia Quadrifoglio, in white.

Sepeng

Expert Member
So my current want to buy car has moved from a Merc CLS Shootingbrake, to an H1, to a BMW i3.
This petrol thing is for the birds.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
So my current want to buy car has moved from a Merc CLS Shootingbrake, to an H1, to a BMW i3.
This petrol thing is for the birds.
Had an i3 drive past me yesterday as I was crossing the road.
Wow that thing is snappy and silent AF.

Sepeng

Expert Member
Had an i3 drive past me yesterday as I was crossing the road.
Wow that thing is snappy and silent AF.
Problem is I'm starting to justify it in my head.
We already have one family car that we can use for the cross country trips; this would be to get the wife to work and back, do the weekend chores.
OK I'm not actually going to get one, but it does give me pause.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Problem is I'm starting to justify it in my head.
We already have one family car that we can use for the cross country trips; this would be to get the wife to work and back, do the weekend chores.
OK I'm not actually going to get one, but it does give me pause.
Looking at the 1st episode of The Grand Tour, the Porsche specifically, it looks like a step in the right direction. :)

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I can.vouch that the i3 is incredible machine & surreal driving experience.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I can.vouch that the i3 is incredible machine & surreal driving experience.
How many km can you do on electric only? Does it have a switch for "electric only", "fuel only" and "both"? (Like the Porsche)

FiestaST

Honorary Master
How many km can you do on electric only? Does it have a switch for "electric only", "fuel only" and "both"? (Like the Porsche)
My td was only a few km's so to your answer your question one needs to research that lol.

Wrt to electric only or fuel only depends on the model. The normal i3 model is electric only while the Rex (range extender) model has a small petrol fuel tank to (well) extend the range. Everything is done seamless.

I drove the non-REx model & all that instant torque from zero revs & regenerative braking make for a very special driving experience.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I'd love a Ampera-e even though it does not reach the 500km range in real life, 380km is still good enough. I would use it for longer trips, for short trips I stick to my bike.

However as for my want to buy car, it is still the same. The one that started it all stopped next to me at a traffic light yesterday :love:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
My td was only a few km's so to your answer your question one needs to research that lol.

Wrt to electric only or fuel only depends on the model. The normal i3 model is electric only while the Rex (range extender) model has a small petrol fuel tank to (well) extend the range. Everything is done seamless.

I drove the non-REx model & all that instant torque from zero revs & regenerative braking make for a very special driving experience.
Forgot to add.

Besides the driving experience the interior design is years ahead of the mainstream cars in that segment. It could be regarding as space age ito design & materials yes.

It has a Zen-like approach.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I'd love a Ampera-e even though it does not reach the 500km range in real life, 380km is still good enough. I would use it for longer trips, for short trips I stick to my bike.

However as for my want to buy car, it is still the same. The one that started it all stopped next to me at a traffic light yesterday :love:
We're the only two folks who post in the Ampera-e thread...lol