Your current "want to buy" car

Supersoaker

Expert Member
1630861260480.png

Mitsubishi Evo 9, my dream car. I can never understand why it never took off here but the STI did. Sourcing parts is the only thing that scares me from buying one in the future.

chrisc

Executive Member
Looking forward to the larger electrically powered BMW some time next year. Went for a couple of drives in the smaller model that has been out for 3 years and it’s cramped and uncomfortable

Not sure about the fake vents though

1630862840985.jpeg

Last edited:

Meister-Man

Expert Member
i know all about bad fuel comsumption ... both daily and weekend cars get me around 250Km for a full tank , so around 25L per 100km.
Eish, sucker for punishment.
I'd understand a weekend toy, but for a daily as well.

krycor

Honorary Master
ID4

Suppose to launch here next year but wondering if they will price it so bad the tigaun looks affordable should be the same price

6spdmanual

Expert Member
At the moment... none. I still have the car I bought from @Sinbad all those years ago and plan on keeping it. Its been super reliable. The wife drives a clean MK5 GTi the is completely stock and has 130k on the clocks. Both cars paid off and we plan on keeping it that way for as long as possible.
If you ever want to get rid of the GTI, I’ll take it.

Priapus

Executive Member
If you ever want to get rid of the GTI, I’ll take it.

It's a red '08 model. DSG box, no xenons but has all the other bells and whistles. You'd have to fight her for it. Although, she wants an RS3 in her life.

Me, I'm happy with the Leon Cupra - 210kw at the wheels and K04 turbo makes happy sounds. But that car is stage 2, with same mods @Sinbad left on it. May never sell it. Might put it on the track before I let it go, if ever.

Priapus

Executive Member
Smart man.

New cars are just so expensive and hard to justify. My car sits in the garage 6 days a week. I think I do less than 100km on it a month. So... no point getting another car to also sit in the garage.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Looking forward to the larger electrically powered BMW some time next year. Went for a couple of drives in the smaller model that has been out for 3 years and it’s cramped and uncomfortable

Not sure about the fake vents though

View attachment 1141630
I understand it's part of the previous BMW brand, but those fake vents are truly horrific. Why would a person want an ugly duckling rather than a Tesla?

6spdmanual

Expert Member
It's a red '08 model. DSG box, no xenons but has all the other bells and whistles. You'd have to fight her for it. Although, she wants an RS3 in her life.

Me, I'm happy with the Leon Cupra - 210kw at the wheels and K04 turbo makes happy sounds. But that car is stage 2, with same mods @Sinbad left on it. May never sell it. Might put it on the track before I let it go, if ever.
I can’t give her an RS3 obviously, but if ever the GTI needs to be sold, I’ll always be interested.

Naks

Executive Member
image;s=1080x720

2016 Porsche 911 Carrera 4, 48 000 km

w@nted

I am seriously considering a second hand VW Caddy. Anyone with experience on them? Yay or Nay?

I am torn between the alltrack and the maxi with the longer wheelbase. It will be used as a family vehicle. Definitely want the 2.0 Diesel auto and cruise control.

What other contenders are there in that price bracket?

Last edited:

PhireSide

Honorary Master
B7 or B7.5 Avant, in TDI guise.

Considering retail price on my 2011 Hyundai bought in 2014 only dropped around 20% on the price I paid for it, I'm strongly considering selling it and getting an A4 Avant to scratch the Station Wagon itch.