Your Pie is out of the oven...coming soon...apparently!

Norrad

Xiaomi Mi A2 updated the weekend to Andriod Pie, it's also Android One.
I probably should have said us Nokia Android One users. I've been using Pie for a while now and I really love it. Took a little while to get used to the new settings menu layout, but now it just seems way more intuitive and user friendly. It's really smooth and looks great. My only concern is that it gets very hot when using my phone as a WiFi hotspot and I didn't notice that on Oreo.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
God forbid it is brought to the Note 9. Hope it gets skipped. Way too many issues in Pie, like call recording no longer supported and more.

p51mustang

In the process of downloading Pie on my P20 Pro when I read that call recording had been deactivated. Immediately paused the download!

Now just deciding if the benefits of Pie (I use an alternative launcher) exceed the odd occasion when I want to save the conversation I just had.

3lOH55A

Expert Member
God forbid it is brought to the Note 9. Hope it gets skipped. Way too many issues in Pie, like call recording no longer supported and more.
How is that an issue? It's a feature they removed.
Just download an app for it. Besides, pie will come to the note Jan/Feb, I've had the beta on my note, which is absolute horse radish compared to stock pie.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
How is that an issue? It's a feature they removed.
Just download an app for it. Besides, pie will come to the note Jan/Feb, I've had the beta on my note, which is absolute horse radish compared to stock pie.
There will be no app that will be able to record calls. The API for call recording will be removed from the OS. The decision was made to protect people who makes a call to these phones and not to have calls recorded at all. I will be giving Pie a skip as I have no need for it on my device. Call recording for me is critical.

https://bitbucket.org/copluk/acr/issues/2418/kb-android-9-p-call-recording-issues

We would like to inform our users that there will be no call recording workaround on Android 9 and above. No 3rd party call recording app will be able to do so.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Well, if call recording is that important to you you may well be fccked as far as android goes. It might be gone for good.