You're not Christian you are Pagan

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
All these religions where considered Pagan by Ancient Rome

Mithraism

Both religions used the rite of baptism, and each participated in an outwardly similar type of sacrament, bread and wine. Both Mithra and Christ were supposedly visited by shepherds and Magi. It has been claimed that both Mithraism and Christianity considered Sunday their holy day, though for different reasons, although the evidence that Mithraists practiced weekly worship, any more than any other pagan religion of the time, is lacking. Many have noted that the title of "Pope" (father) is found in Mithraic doctrine and seemingly prohibited in Christian doctrine. The words "Peter" (rock) and "mass" (sacrament) have significance in Mithraism.
Further similarities include how Mithras was born from a virgin on December 25, how his followers identified with him by eating a sacred meal of bread and wine, and how his devotees were baptized in water.

Isis

Many scholars believe that Isis worship in late Roman times was the primary influence behind Catholic development of the cult of the Virgin Mary. Evidence suggests that this allowed the Catholic Church to absorb a huge number of converts who had formerly believed in Isis, and would not have converted unless Catholicism offered them an "Isis-like" female focus for their faith. Iconographically the similarities between the seated Isis holding or suckling the child Horus (Harpocrates) and the seated Mary and the baby *****, is apparent.

Sol Invictus

The Sol Invictus festival ran from December 22 through December 25. Eradicating the remnants of this much-celebrated pagan holiday is likely the reason why Christmas was picked by the early Catholic leaders as the birthday of ***** Christ.

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
I think he's trying to say that important milestones and events in the Christian faith are actually sourced from pagan beliefs.

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
Basically most of what Christians hold sacred are false,
and the sacred texts have also been falsified to enrich Roman interests

nocilah

Banned
Basically most of what Christians hold sacred are false,
and the sacred texts have also been falsified to enrich Roman interests
but the problem is you are refering to catholics and not christians.

noxibox

Honorary Master
So there is no baptism, no virgin birth, no breaking bread, no story of being visited by magi or shepherds and Sunday is not a holy day in Christianity?

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
So there is no baptism, no virgin birth, no breaking bread, no story of being visited by magi or shepherds and Sunday is not a holy day in Christianity?
All the result of carefull and deliberate conditioning and programming of the on board "chip" called the brain. :D

Kalvaer

Expert Member
Saw this thread ans shock my head before I even started reading it...

Regardless of who he is refering too...CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS, and where in fact the first Christians to build a formal church

Sorry but I'm Catholic and it drives me insane when people say I'm not a Christian

Also with the months if you look closely into the history of the Calander, The ancient Roman Calander had 10 months and was out by 61 days (December coming from Deci) so then Mithras was born on october as per the gregorian Calander (which was set up by a pope) and would not be the same month. Also since the roman considered even numbers to be unlucky, being born on the 25th of october could mean anything or any day

Last edited:

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
All Christians today use a Bible that is heavily influenced by the Roman Vulgate Bible, The Latin Vulgate Bible was declared the Official Bible by the Council of Rome in 382 A.D

In terms of its importance to the culture, art, and life of the Middle Ages, the Vulgate stands supreme. Through the Dark Ages and onto the Renaissance and Reformation, St. Jerome's monumental work stood as a last pillar of Roman glory and the bedrock of the Western church as it strove to unite a fractured Europe through the Catholic faith. As the version of the Bible familiar to and read by the faithful for over a thousand years (c. AD 400–1530), the Vulgate exerted a powerful influence, especially in art and music as it served as inspiration for countless paintings and hymns. Early attempts to render translations into vernacular tongues were invariably made from the Vulgate, as it was highly regarded as an infallible, divinely inspired text. Even the translations produced by Protestants, that sought to replace the Vulgate for good with vernacular versions translated from the original languages, could not avoid the enormous influence of Jerome's translation in its dignified style and flowing prose. The closest equivalent in English, the King James Version, or Authorised Version, shows a marked influence from the Vulgate in its homely, yet dignified prose and vigorous poetic rhythm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulgate

The Gnostic Gospels however where not influenced by the council of Rome and Gnostic Christians where considered Pagan to a degree but I'm not referring to them
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic_Gospels
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic_Christianity

Last edited:

nthdimension

Also with the months if you look closely into the history of the Calander, The ancient Roman Calander had 10 months and was out by 61 days (December coming from Deci) so then Mithras was born on october as per the gregorian Calander (which was set up by a pope) and would not be the same month. Also since the roman considered even numbers to be unlucky, being born on the 25th of october could mean anything or any day
Jesus wasn't born on the 25th of December either.

Kalvaer

Expert Member
Jesus wasn't born on the 25th of December either.
And I didn't say he was either hehe

What is it though that recently everyone has to run to these forums of all places and sudden try jump on the Christian Faith, or any faith for that matter? I personally think google is to blame since people can take small articles that they search for and put them together stringing a whole lot of BS together without knowing a single thing about what they are talking about in the first place.

I just did a years worth of studying into religion, mainly revolving around Christianity and how it came into being (being lectured one of the top theologians in his field for almost 40 years) ... You know what I learnt.. I learnt that I know NOTHING.. that there is much more out there than I can comprehend and try string together, especially on a BROADBAND FORUM.. and yet some people suddenly believe google gives them Theologian Doctorates and the right to try prove they know it all :(

noxibox

Honorary Master
That just proves that religion is all stories.

There may be some elements with a basis in fact, but there is no compact god-given book that contains all knowledge.

bk.ru

Every Christian group considers the other Christian group heretics. Personally I go with the catholics, as they are the original surviving Christians. The rest who consider themselves "Christians" are just strange sects with their own agenda's.

Did you know, not one person who wrote in the Bible ever met Jesus (Which for the record, is not even his REAL NAME!!!) ?

Kalvaer

Expert Member
You misunderstood what I was trying to say, and also proved what I meant, Is easy to take one section of something off the internet and twist it to mean anything

What I said.. was there is way much more involved in the Christian faith (or any faith) than what I could possible try relay over forums like this.. specifically when these forums are meant for another task all together..

There are however no books as you mentioned that contain all knowledge, though in an attempt to put together something that layman and peasants of the time could understand... you have the bible. Every single book that tries to dispute the bible is in its own essense exactly the same, a partial book of facts trying to get a point across but leaving out 99% of the facts. My wife who was a born Catholic, currently knows less about her own faith she was born into than I do, and she admits to it.

If you want to understand it all.. get ready for years of research, and even then you wont be able to put it all together in a book for somebody to understand

Last edited:

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
And I didn't say he was either hehe

What is it though that recently everyone has to run to these forums of all places and sudden try jump on the Christian Faith, or any faith for that matter? I personally think google is to blame since people can take small articles that they search for and put them together stringing a whole lot of BS together without knowing a single thing about what they are talking about in the first place.

I just did a years worth of studying into religion, mainly revolving around Christianity and how it came into being (being lectured one of the top theologians in his field for almost 40 years) ... You know what I learnt.. I learnt that I know NOTHING.. that there is much more out there than I can comprehend and try string together, especially on a BROADBAND FORUM.. and yet some people suddenly believe google gives them Theologian Doctorates and the right to try prove they know it all :(
Sure blame google :rolleyes:

I'm not bashing Christianity...
I've studied Christianity as well, and have read most of the Bible.
All I'm doing is showing fables the Romans introduced into Christianity, and that there is another world of Christianity like Gnosticism.

bk.ru

Interesting bk.ru; but they did not have camera phones or even proper paper back then, if that helps ;)
The validity of Christianity counts, but what counts the most for me is the reasoning.
There is no validity. :confused: OUTSIDE THE GOSPELS, what validates Christianity?

Kalvaer

Expert Member
Sure blame google :rolleyes:

I'm not bashing Christianity...
I've studied Christianity as well, and have read most of the Bible.
All I'm doing is showing fables the Romans introduced into Christianity, and that there is another world of Christianity like Gnosticism.
Blah.. you all type to fast.. I edited above BTW.. think I should move it to below here (actually did just move some of it), Remember anyone can take anything that was from the past, and try make up simularities to something else, Its like saying the bushman wore bikini's before they were "invented" during the 19 hundreds.

Gnosticism has some of its roots in the gospels or disciples who went to preach in greece, which is also where MOST of the problems came in with translating works done in Hebrew, into greek and then back into Latin, and Later other languages, causing most if not all of the confusion many people use to dispute the bibles credibility. However many of its roots have NOTHING to do with christianity and in fact are complete against christianity

Also remember back then was not like now days, where you could email your lifes works to a friend to have him add it into a book, its quiet comman and expected for different books of the time to show up from places ALL around the world as the gospels left to preach, most often saying different things based on each ones own interpretation.. which is again as I said above about taking small pieces out.. Put them ALL together agian though and suddenly it makes more sense

As I edited above though.. reading the bible is only a fraction of what there really is to know an understand and it will take much more understanding than that.. but its a good start

Every Christian group considers the other Christian group heretics. Personally I go with the catholics, as they are the original surviving Christians. The rest who consider themselves "Christians" are just strange sects with their own agenda's.

Did you know, not one person who wrote in the Bible ever met Jesus (Which for the record, is not even his REAL NAME!!!) ?
I'm Catholic and I dont believe others are heretics.. My father who was a Baptist and is now an athiest asked my Priest the same thing when I become Catholic last year.. he laughed and said why would we consider other Christians to not be allowed into heaven?

As to his name.. I think it was Yeshua or Yahweh if I remember right, The word "Jesus" is actually a mis-transliteration of a Greek mis-transliteration

Last edited:

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
reading the bible is only a fraction of what there really is to know an understand and it will take much more understanding than that.. but its a good start
Care to explain what you're going on about?
What is this mysterious 'fraction of what there really is to know an understand' ?