YouTube just banned supremacist content, and thousands of channels are about to be removed

Sollie

Expert Member
Ok, back to the actual topic of YouTube, gaywonk, and censorship.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=60334

Instagram is promoting someone who has called for the killing of transphobes on multiple occasions. :laugh::laugh:

I guess that would include me because I think trans-women competing against women in professional sports is unfair.
Account suspended

This account has been suspended. Learn more about why Twitter suspends accounts, or return to your timeline.
Guess you're safe. ;)

Temujin

Executive Member
So the real question to this is whether or not we think there’s value in having the Grand Wizard of the KKK on this board.
Should have all been fired on the spot, only explaination for saying this about a black woman is the blue/purple die has soaked in

Emjay

Executive Member
Should have all been fired on the spot, only explaination for saying this about a black woman is the blue/purple die has soaked in
I read through that article, and I really saw so many similarities to MyBB. Can you imagine a company having such an open user board and commenting system. Seems like Google has a bit of a problem on its hands. I would have been fired a long time ago. Oh, well. There goes my aspirations for working at Google. :laugh:

Temujin

Executive Member
I read through that article, and I really saw so many similarities to MyBB. Can you imagine a company having such an open user board and commenting system. Seems like Google has a bit of a problem on its hands. I would have been fired a long time ago. Oh, well. There goes my aspirations for working at Google. :laugh:
This sort of **** is tip of the iceberg. All the dirt is gonna come out on google now that the 'bias hiring' case has entered discovery... all them juicy memos and employee board discussions etc... going to be wonderful to see the 'woke' employees trying to justify and defend all their blatant racism, sexism etc:giggle:

Sollie

Expert Member
This sort of **** is tip of the iceberg. All the dirt is gonna come out on google now that the 'bias hiring' case has entered discovery... all them juicy memos and employee board discussions etc... going to be wonderful to see the 'woke' employees trying to justify and defend all their blatant racism, sexism etc:giggle:
:popcorn::popcorn:

Marcell1992

I just find it hard to take a person who subscribes to facts but inserts his personal views into everything seriously, just in regards to his motto. He has done a lot of good and makes good arguments, he is just a very controversial figure because instead of facts he chooses fights, and acts like they are facts
Link to a video where he uses his own personal views. Have not yet encountered such a video

Emjay

Executive Member
He said that in 2011.
What people fail to realize is that he has been publically speaking since he was 19 (iirc). Maybe even younger. He is now 35. We are almost the same age, and if I think back to when I was younger, or even just 5 years ago, I said some really dumb stuff.

Time means nothing. Look how Media Matters spend hundreds of hours scouring through recorded content of Tucker Carlson. He said some stupid stuff on a shock jock show over 10 years ago, and he lost advertisers because of it.

Nick333

Honorary Master
What people fail to realize is that he has been publically speaking since he was 19 (iirc). Maybe even younger. He is now 35. We are almost the same age, and if I think back to when I was younger, or even just 5 years ago, I said some really dumb stuff.

Time means nothing. Look how Media Matters spend hundreds of hours scouring through recorded content of Tucker Carlson. He said some stupid stuff on a shock jock show over 10 years ago, and he lost advertisers because of it.
Ja, there's the "we all say dumb shyt sometimes" factor, but also the, "you claim he says mean stuff and insults people, but all you have is an 8 year old tweet" factor. Also, the "I seriously doubt you were following Ben Shapiro 8 years ago and remember a tweet he made back then" factor. It's more like you read about it in a smear piece in some lefty rag, and now you're expressing your heavily tainted opinion about someone you have no objective information on.

Emjay

Executive Member
Ja, there's the "we all say dumb shyt sometimes" factor, but also the, "you claim he says mean stuff and insults people, but all you have is an 8 year old tweet" factor. Also, the "I seriously doubt you were following Ben Shapiro 8 years ago and remember a tweet he made back then" factor. It's more like you read about it in a smear piece in some lefty rag, and now you're expressing your heavily tainted opinion about someone you have no objective information on.
I don't agree with the guy on many occasions, and he has a tendency to latch onto any minor thing and label it as antisemitism. But, he can admit to his own faults.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33362/so-heres-giant-list-all-dumb-stuff-ive-ever-done-ben-shapiro

I think this is what STS is referring to:

. This one was written when I was 19. It's embarrassing and stupid. Now, it's not embarrassing to point out that a huge number of college English classes have been perverted toward far-Left social justice indoctrination. They have. But this column is a pretty embarrassing attempt at humor. In particular, the wildly overstated closing lines of the column -- "If your child majors in English, you're sponsoring the militant homosexual agenda" -- are embarrassing. Sometimes, humor just falls flat, and overstatement as an artistic tool simply looks ridiculous. This column proves it.

Reactions: STS

STS

Mafia Detective
I don't agree with the guy on many occasions, and he has a tendency to latch onto any minor thing and label it as antisemitism. But, he can admit to his own faults.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33362/so-heres-giant-list-all-dumb-stuff-ive-ever-done-ben-shapiro

I think this is what STS is referring to:

https://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2003/08/20/militant-gay-english-on-the-rise-n1334827
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I don't follow him so I just read links to his articles and tweets

Temujin

Executive Member
Black pigeon speaks now banned and deleted for calling out mazas bs apparently (the only possible suspected reason as youtube have yet to give one, and that was his last video):ROFL:

Last edited:

Gingerbeardman

Expert Member

Republican Senator Josh Hawley has introduced a bill aimed at stopping censorship on social media platforms based on political ideologies.

The ‘Ending Support for Internet Censorship Act‘ seeks to remove protections granted by Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act if platforms are not acting neutral in regards to political views. Currently, platforms cannot be held responsible for user-posted content, as they are not considered publishers. As these companies become more political — and take an editorial stance, many have called for these protections to be stripped.

Sen. Hawley’s bill would require platforms to follow the First Amendment when it comes to free and legal speech, if they want to keep their liability waiver.

“With Section 230, tech companies get a sweetheart deal that no other industry enjoys: complete exemption from traditional publisher liability in exchange for providing a forum free of political censorship,” Hawley explained. “Unfortunately, and unsurprisingly, big tech has failed to hold up its end of the bargain.”

The bill would only be aimed at platforms with 30 million monthly users or more than $500 million in global annual revenue — so small message boards and overly specific forums would not be effected. Facebook, Google, Twitter, and YouTube would be.

“There’s a growing list of evidence that shows big tech companies making editorial decisions to censor viewpoints they disagree with. Even worse, the entire process is shrouded in secrecy because these companies refuse to make their protocols public. This legislation simply states that if the tech giants want to keep their government-granted immunity, they must bring transparency and accountability to their editorial processes and prove that they don’t discriminate,” Hawley wrote.​

If Hawley’s legislation is successful, tech giants will have to submit to an audit every two years to prove to the Federal Trade Commission that they are acting neutrally.