YouTube Music is fastest-growing music streaming service

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Is it possible to upload music to the service? (this was possible with GPM).

I've actually ended up using iTunes, as as far as I can see, this is currently the only service available where I can purchase an album separately, upload it to my library, and have it appear on my other devices. This is an absolute must for me, due to regional licensing restrictions for some artists I listen to.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

I've actually ended up using iTunes, as as far as I can see, this is currently the only service available where I can purchase an album separately, upload it to my library, and have it appear on my other devices. This is an absolute must for me, due to regional licensing restrictions for some artists I listen to.
Yes
1630578803080.png

Sure, try navigating a big playlist in the Android TV app, plus it also starts mixing your listening history with you watch history. This means if I want to go back to a video I watched, I need to go through all the tracks I listened to as well.

Can't rate a service on it's android TV app, they're all pretty awful.

The proper phone ytm app does none of what you are saying.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

Yeah you can, but the last time I looked it had some annoying caveats in comparison to how GPM worked.

Nuro

Expert Member

Unless they changed/fixed it, they separate your regular streaming library and uploads. So you will have a YTM and Upload section in your library. Searching your library will not give you results from your uploads, you have to search specifically in your uploads. I mean WTF.

Amburro

I also use the YouTube music service. I like how the media library and the search in it are implemented here, there is a large selection of music. I can listen and download my favorite tracks. But if I need tracks or music for a video, then I use sound effects royalty free. Thus, I can choose a soundtrack for my videos on YouTube or Instagram, so as not to violate copyright.

Last edited: