Youtube must see vids part 2

Temujin

Executive Member
Stumbled into this channel somehow, its unbelievable

Itsa Trap

Huh.

You build model kits?

FYI, thanks for the tip about the channel.

Temujin

Executive Member
Huh.

You build model kits?

FYI, thanks for the tip about the channel.
No, I just came across it the other day... now tons of channels with these realistic dioramas popping up, its fascinating so maybe I'll start a new hobby :giggle:

Cray

Honorary Master
No, I just came across it the other day... now tons of channels with these realistic dioramas popping up, its fascinating so maybe I'll start a new hobby :giggle:
In a similar vein, I have started watching a few of these, the attention to detail and the painting steps are pretty cool to watch..

Temujin

Executive Member
In a similar vein, I have started watching a few of these, the attention to detail and the painting steps are pretty cool to watch..

Yeah, I'm going to have to start meditating or something before attempting these, I don't believe I have the patients to sit and do it in detail like this :ROFL:

Cray

Honorary Master
Yeah, I'm going to have to start meditating or something before attempting these, I don't believe I have the patients to sit and do it in detail like this :ROFL:
Just the amount of masking for some of the painting steps....phew. Not to mention the cost involved to get all those official Timiya paints.. :eek:

Temujin

Executive Member
Just the amount of masking for some of the painting steps....phew. Not to mention the cost involved to get all those official Timiya paints.. :eek:
That cockpit painting, I just couldn't do it, won't even attempt it, I would seriously need to refocus my life to get into that frame of mind... although I guess doing something like that is kind of therapeutic or something

Cray

Honorary Master
That cockpit painting, I just couldn't do it, won't even attempt it, I would seriously need to refocus my life to get into that frame of mind... although I guess doing something like that is kind of therapeutic or something
I think that's it, kind of zen. It appeals because I think you can create something that looks really cool but it doesn't require artistic talent, just masking properly and technique. I remember they had a big scale Tamiya Tomcat, fully painted one on display in the hobby shop in Durban and was always amazed at the superlative details. Even as far as to have the black and yellow stripes on the ejection ring pulls... Something to do in retirement perhaps when you have that kind of time...

upup

Executive Member

This type of video not allowed here, some people will burn the project down.

Itsa Trap

You don't need patients... it's not surgery. :p

It's way more complicated and time consuming.