YouTube Premium launched in South Africa

joshuatree

Expert Member
I will wait to see how the new Disney streaming service will look like where they are going to bundle Disney Plus, Hulu and ESPN Plus to the US Citizens for a $13 monthly cost.
If from South Africa , one needs to add a VPN cost ranging from 8-13$/whatever. So that's about R400 all in. DstvNow account sharing plus free Showmax on Premium , plus a few Movie/Series Apks from the high seas , and you have local flavour. Many options indeed.

Last edited:

cpu.

Expert Member
If from South Africa , one needs to add a VPN cost ranging from 8-13$/whatever. So that's about R400 all in. DstvNow account sharing plus free Showmax on Premium , plus a few Movie/Series Apks from the high seas , and you have local flavour. Many options indeed.
I can pull it off for R225. That's 13$xR15 +R30 for VPN.

Ryansr

Expert Member
I'll have to renew with NordVPN then. My subscription will only expire sometime next year so hopefully they will provide a trial period before that time. Local flavor is definitely not for me since it ends up depressing me more than entertaining me.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Nah, VPNs are unnecessary. A smart DNS service like Getflix works just fine. Just $5pm or less if you pay annually.