YouTube Premium launched in South Africa

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I see Play Music now has a Youtube icon on the playing song to watch the video.

FaSMaN

Expert Member
What about Super Chat, channel membership and other Youtube services designed to help content creators?

FaSMaN

Expert Member
PS For those wondering there aren't too many Youtube premium subscribers, attached is the difference in revenue, 99% of it is still from adverts not YT Premium ...

It really isnt much, but then again I have a relatively tiny channel XD

YT.JPG

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Show me how to block ads on Android.
Download firefox as your browser. Install browser based adblock such as ublock. Browse to youtube and enjoy. Keeps it active as well.

Pain in the arse and Youtube premium will probably be more convenient.

K3NS31

Expert Member
Hm, been wondering whether it's worthwhile for about 20 minutes now, when I realised that with the amount of Youtube and Youtube Kids we watch between the wife, the kid and I, not to mention the plethora of devices we watch on, it'll be worth it just to get rid of ads. It's an extra 20 bucks or something on the family plan. Been meaning to cancel Spotify anyhow.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
I've noticed an uptick in ads when browsing on mobile and I guess this is the reason. Sneaky Google. Oh well, I already have GPM so this is just another plus.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Hm, been wondering whether it's worthwhile for about 20 minutes now, when I realised that with the amount of Youtube and Youtube Kids we watch between the wife, the kid and I, not to mention the plethora of devices we watch on, it'll be worth it just to get rid of ads. It's an extra 20 bucks or something on the family plan. Been meaning to cancel Spotify anyhow.
I think it is. Specially if you use GPM also.

K3NS31

Expert Member
I've noticed an uptick in ads when browsing on mobile and I guess this is the reason. Sneaky Google. Oh well, I already have GPM so this is just another plus.
Nah, that was announced a few weeks ago at least. I think it's global as well, not just SA.

K3NS31

Expert Member
So should I be using the Youtube Music app now instead of GPM? Or is the library the same across both?

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
I think it is. Specially if you use GPM also.
Hmmm, I'm pondering. I don't use GPM - more of a Spotify guy, mostly for the Alexa integration.

We only watch YouTube on TV and the ads have never really been a problem. I usually just wait until the "Skip" icon appears and click that.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Hmmm, I'm pondering. I don't use GPM - more of a Spotify guy, mostly for the Alexa integration.

We only watch YouTube on TV and the ads have never really been a problem. I usually just wait until the "Skip" icon appears and click that.
Maybe try it. See if it is worth the subscription. Otherwise just cancel.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
PS For those wondering there aren't too many Youtube premium subscribers, attached is the difference in revenue, 99% of it is still from adverts not YT Premium ...

It really isnt much, but then again I have a relatively tiny channel XD

View attachment 632610
Ironically used to get slightly more revenue when it was Youtube Red, also a tiny channel