YouTube will stop playing 30-second unskippable ads before videos

Tinuva

The Magician
Hmm these still exist....

I guess I wouldn't know, AdBlock for youtube has me completely oblivious to these :)

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I am OK with the 5 seconds of play and then skipping ads, anything else and I just close it and move along.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Why a hell downloading&playing videos is controlled by websites?

Thor

Honorary Master
Hmm these still exist....

I guess I wouldn't know, AdBlock for youtube has me completely oblivious to these :)

/turns off adblock

Defuq is going on, on YouTube. Would never have used it

Vice

Expert Member
Somehow these don't disturb me in anyway; also I find that most of them are relevant to most of my search interests. I guess I've come to understand that for somebody to provide free service they have to recover costs from somewhere. For them to consider reducing the time is always welcome. Otherwise when they become a nuisance one could always resort to other means for comfort watching...

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Big YT fan on phone & tab.

Ads are annoying yeah but not a deal breaker.

jax_maxit

Big YT fan on phone & tab.

Ads are annoying yeah but not a deal breaker.

That's the only time I see forced ads: when using the YT app on my smartphones and tablets. I occasionally deliberately allow certain ads on desktop (uBlock Origin) to thank/pay the content creators who create videos on a full time basis. To some people, it's a full time job and there are countless videos about how monetization works. On a channel I'm subscribed to, the guy said that for every 100 views his videos get, 80 people will have adBlock (or similar) activated.

beans100

Honorary Master
30 seconds? I only know of the 5 second ones, get that on my android box when playing music list