Zack Snyder's Justice League DC

greg0205

Honorary Master
Anyone else notice Louis' pregnancy test in her drawer?
Zack's storyboards...

2021.03.06-06.55-boundingintocomics-6043d029d86be.jpg

rvZA

Executive Member
what is so special about this edit? its just longer

Done by two different people. Each had their own vision of what the movie should be. I think in the end, the Snyder cut was the one that should have been released.

skimread

Honorary Master
my only gripe about this movie vs Marvel, is that in Marvel you know they will make the movies the spoilers tease. In this one we know it is 99% unlikely.

saturnz

Honorary Master
well atleast now we know batman is more powerful than superman because batman can buy a bank

TedLasso

Expert Member
well atleast now we know batman is more powerful than superman because batman can buy a bank
It's the one really stupid thing that annoyed me in both versions. The due diligence to buy a bank is not done in 2 days or month. And why go so far?

They wanted to use a funny line to show how rich he is , but that's not how this man really operates. With that one line , it showed that he has more money than brains which doesn't make sense and we know he's smart first .

The house was foreclosed. He could have just anted up the money to pay off the loan - not the entire bank. Somebody will say it's so that he can hide that Clark and he are friends etc. Bull dust. Hasn't he learnt anything from the Gupta's?

daveza

Honorary Master
At the start, I had to do some googling for even the basics - like Superman is dead, wtf ?

What do I have to watch to get the back story ?

greg0205

Honorary Master
Apropos of nothing, I figured I'd post some dialogue from Batman Begins.

Earle: What makes you think you can decide who's running Wayne Enterprises?

Batman/Bruce Wayne: Well, the fact that I'm the owner.

Earle: What are you talking about? The company went public a week ago.

Batman/Bruce Wayne: And I bought most of the shares - through various charitable foundations, and trusts, and so forth. Look, it's all a bit technical, but the important thing is that *my* company's future is secure. Right, Mister Fox?

Lucius Fox: Right you are, Mister Wayne. Didn't you get the memo?

Last edited:

daveza

Honorary Master
A query about the ending..... spoilers...

So Lex Luther ( another back story I missed ), is locked up in this max security place, he's left alone with one guard.... wearing a straight-jacket he turns round and the guard looks petrified.

Next shot is alarms going off with views of the perimeter - are we supposed to understand Luther escaped, in a straight-jacket, from the bowels of maximum security ?

greg0205

Honorary Master
A query about the ending..... spoilers...

So Lex Luther ( another back story I missed ), is locked up in this max security place, he's left alone with one guard.... wearing a straight-jacket he turns round and the guard looks petrified.

Next shot is alarms going off with views of the perimeter - are we supposed to understand Luther escaped, in a straight-jacket, from the bowels of maximum security ?
Less escape artist, more rich guy... Pretty sure Lex would have bribed guards and bought his way out of Arkham.

Also, Arkham... the *least* secure place in the DC Universe.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
I’m 16 minutes in.

I hate the aspect ratio.

I’m loving everything he’s added so far. In a 2 hour movie it would be needless self-indulgence. In a 4 hour movie it’s richness and backstory I can get into.

ashley3

At the start, I had to do some googling for even the basics - like Superman is dead, wtf ?

What do I have to watch to get the back story ?
Haha, was in the same boat as you. Couldn't understand how Superman was dead lol.
Fantastic movie though, enjoyed every minute.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I expected the Snyder Cut to be maybe 20% less s**t than the initial release. I did not expect to enjoy it quite so much. Sure, it has too many Snyder-style moments, but it hits the general tone and character arcs so much better.

It just makes me sad that this iteration of the DC universe is no more. The sequel they set up looks great. Batfleck was really good - by far my favourite Batman. So much untapped potential.

wizardofid

Executive Member
Because corporate knows better. Right.
Well considering they were playing it safe, as at&t could have pulled the plug on them at any time.Besides that with maybe the exception of superman, DC universe is pretty dark compared to most of the marvel universe.

Which is honestly why I prefer DC over marvel.Boggles the mind why they needed to ''lighten it''.....dumb ass overlords.........

BadBoyGP

Well considering they were playing it safe, as at&t could have pulled the plug on them at any time.Besides that with maybe the exception of superman, DC universe is pretty dark compared to most of the marvel universe.

Which is honestly why I prefer DC over marvel.Boggles the mind why they needed to ''lighten it''.....dumb ass overlords.........
I agree.

I feel Marvel for the kids, DC for the adults.