Zille says Schwarzenegger attack didn't get media coverage because he's white, here's proof she's wrong

konfab

Honorary Master
Right. The best you could do was that. That expensive school really did you well sir. Literally no nationalism there, just equity over equality. A lifetime of privilege will make equity seem unfair.
It is nationalism. The moment you want special treatment for "your people/nation" it is a nationalistic argument. When you use terms like race to define how said people should receive said special treatment, it is racial nationalism.

Cray

Honorary Master
Aa, BEE and any other government mandated quotas.
So you are suggesting that "forced integration" is when a company you work for dares to hire black people? Do you think every black hire is the result of BEE? Is it forced integration when a black person really is the best candidate for the job based on skills and experience, or is that not something you believe in?

rietrot

Honorary Master
1)So you are suggesting that "forced integration" is when a company you work for dares to hire black people? 2) Do you think every black hire is the result of BEE? 3a) Is it forced integration when a black person really is the best candidate for the job based on skills and experience, 3b)or is that not something you believe in?
Jeez dude relax. I made an argument in favour of diversity. It is a good thing if done properly on some form of merit.

1)No.
2)No.
3a)No
3b) huh?

C4Cat

Executive Member
Does white privilege apply to every white, every where regardless of personal circumstance? Does is apply to the white man in Japan who is looked down upon because he is not a true part of Japanese culture? Surely it cannot be universal?
Here is the woke definition:
View attachment 662036

Which then implies that an Amazon tribe that hasn't had any contact with white people will automatically assume that White people are privileged. It also implies that German Jews (who count as "white" in the non-racial utopia of South Africa) who were shoved into a gas chamber are privileged. That is a logical contradiction.

You give me any definiton of White privilege, and I can make it applicable to black people and call it black privileged. If it's definiton deliberately excludes this possibility then it is simply bigoted.
Well I personally would restrict white privilege as applying to the Western world, but from what I've heard, you'll find even in Japan, they will respect and trust white people over black people.

Also, I'm a descendant of German Jews and I have white privilege growing up in SA. Yes, I've been discriminated against for being a Jew but that doesn't change the fact that I live in a system of white privilege.

Mosgi

It is nationalism. The moment you want special treatment for "your people/nation" it is a nationalistic argument. When you use terms like race to define how said people should receive said special treatment, it is racial nationalism.
Do you understand what equity means?

You see this white person is now a good white person because they say the right things. Therefore we will only send their kind to the gas chambers last.
Wow dude, did you really make this reference about a Jewish person?

konfab

Honorary Master
Well I personally would restrict white privilege as applying to the Western world, but from what I've heard, you'll find even in Japan, they will respect and trust white people over black people.
Let's assume that is true. So because Japanese people respect and trust white people more than black people, white people there have to flagellate themselves on the altar of black people.

That is collectivism at its crudest form.

Also, I'm a descendant of German Jews and I have white privilege growing up in SA. Yes, I've been discriminated against for being a Jew but that doesn't change the fact that I live in a system of white privilege.
So you want to flagellate yourself because you perceive that the "system" treats you better. Very noble of you. I am sure you won't hesitate to tell every single person that you meet how guilty you are.

konfab

Honorary Master
Do you understand what equity means?
It means that every level of society must match the larger societal demographic.
If there are more female nurses than male nurses, it must be because society forces woman to become nurses, this it is equitable and just to deny people the choice to do what they want.

Wow dude, did you really make this reference about a Jewish person?
Yes I did, because that is the inevitable outcome of the thinking that you are employing.

lumeer

This is meta-news: news about news. I find these sorts of articles - articles that consist of quoted tweets - somewhat irksome. Person A tweeted X, then Persons B, C and D responded by tweeting Y, Z and W, throw in a bit of context, and that's the article. All it does is to display what a few specific individuals think about an issue. Is it newsworthy to know that Zille thinks such and such, and that hipsterdude486, Peter Smith and Panyaza Lesufi disagreed with her on Twitter? It seems better suited to the gossip pages than to be called "news".

C4Cat

Executive Member
Let's assume that is true. So because Japanese people respect and trust white people more than black people, white people there have to flagellate themselves on the altar of black people.

That is collectivism at its crudest form.

So you want to flagellate yourself because you perceive that the "system" treats you better. Very noble of you. I am sure you won't hesitate to tell every single person that you meet how guilty you are.
I never said anything about " flagellate themselves". Is this another part of you fantasy world? Or do you consider acknowledging such a system to be " flagellation". Or is it trying to make the system better " flagellation".:unsure:
Sounds to me like you have a case of white fragility!

konfab

Honorary Master
I never said anything about " flagellate themselves". Is this another part of you fantasy world? Or do you consider acknowledging such a system to be " flagellation". Or is it trying to make the system better " flagellation".:unsure:
I used the word flagellate to make reference of the religious practice of beating oneself to purify oneself of sin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortification_of_the_flesh

C4Cat

Executive Member
I used the word flagellate to make reference of the religious practice of beating oneself to purify oneself of sin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortification_of_the_flesh
I know what flagellate means. Recognizing the reality of white privilege has nothing to do with beating oneself or sin.
That's why I said you seem to have a case of white fragility because you see any talk of white privilege as a personal attack on yourself or on white people. It's not. It's just a recognition of existing social and institutional biases inherent in a system, due to it's historical foundations. No blame involved