Zindzi Mandela racist tweet

schumi

Honorary Master
Herman Mashaba defends Zindzi Mandela against 'racist' tag

Johannesburg mayor Herman Mashaba has defended SA’s ambassador to Denmark Zindzi Mandela against those who objected to him calling Mandela “Her Excellency”.

On Thursday, Mashaba posted pictures of an evening he attended hosted by Mandela, in which he referred to her as “Her Excellency”. Controversial Afrikaans singer Steve Hofmeyr responded: “Her what?”.
More at: https://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/south-africa/2019-10-11-herman-mashaba-defends-zindzi-mandela-against-racist-tag2/

Jopie Fourie

Expert Member
More like 100% the EFF.
Correct. But, I am also 100% convinced that the EFF was also a splinter group from the ANC created by Zuma, and run by his life-long friend Malema, to lure another target market back to the ANC they were losing.

People always said Zuma was a great strategist, and my looking at the EFF and DA, I tend to believe them.

SoldierMan

Expert Member
It amazes me that only the crimes of white people are forever remembered and kept alive, while the black's killing each other and the Khoisan, or the arabs invading, killing, conquering and taking slaves and the Japanese invading and killing are just seemingly conveniently forgotten.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Wow… I read his post and moved on, but then I reread the thread and saw the post to which he replied to or ReTweeted. Really? Just Wow.

This is displacing the responsibility, and promise, to practice service delivery with accountability. Is Giulietta Talevi now an opponent because she is media? A ReTweet to engage in politicking.

Then people piss themselves because some want 'correction' within the DA. Race, politics, identity, race politics,
identity politics...

Daruk

Honorary Master
Well that's 10000% better than we've seen from most politicians before. Almost a first.
Kudos to Mr Mashaba.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Yes, it is probably the social media manager doing damage control.
Just because he didn’t publish the Tweet doesn’t mean that it isn’t him doing the damage control. It is PR nonetheless, the account is representative, whether it is him or someone else publishing the Tweets through his account.

It is evident that he made a 'mistake' as it would go against the DA's values, ideas and ideals, or so I hope. The best method in correcting that mistake is to address the actual problem and he correctly stated that the Joburg Roads Agency attended to the issue.