Zindzi Mandela racist tweet

Jopie Fourie

Expert Member
This has to be one of the best comments....

It clearly show what white-hating party the DA has turned into. The DA is probably worse than the ANC. I am sure they will be able to fool a few more white people into supporting them.

John_Phoenix

Privilege, whites can't apologise they have to pay R150k

How? When I'm literally homeless, no job and no way to make 150, nevermind 1000x that? Can't get a job cause I'm white, can't get a loan cause I'm white, can't work for government, cause I don't have a criminal record (and I'm too light skinned black)

The only privilege I've ever had was the privilege to breathe fresh air...

I wish I had [insert number here], cause then I could pay for a shelter, and maybe one of those fancy burger king whappers, cause the sauce tastes amazing, even when cold.

Oh, and the last time I received unemployment grant was 2015... Cause I'm... You get the idea.

eehellfire

Honorary Master
How? When I'm literally homeless, no job and no way to make 150, nevermind 1000x that? Can't get a job cause I'm white, can't get a loan cause I'm white, can't work for government, cause I don't have a criminal record (and I'm too light skinned black)

The only privilege I've ever had was the privilege to breathe fresh air...

I wish I had [insert number here], cause then I could pay for a shelter, and maybe one of those fancy burger king whappers, cause the sauce tastes amazing, even when cold.

Oh, and the last time I received unemployment grant was 2015... Cause I'm... You get the idea.
Interesting.
What education level do you have?

John_Phoenix

What's your age, and why didn't you study further.

What jobs did you do before you supposedly became "destitute"?
Age, 43 :) And lucky to have made it this far.

Family was not well off, and without my electrical papers, I could only find subcontracting jobs for what I can only assume is below the board installations, I tried at eskom, I tried at telkom, I even tried getting into an apprenticeship at the sadf.

So now I rent a bed, and find odd jobs like fixing appliances, or helping a garage door / alarm fitment place, when they need it.

I started saving up to study further through UNISA ( I managed to save up 30000!), and for a while it was going well, until around 2012, when work just dried up. I had to lower my rates, and take smaller jobs.

And now, it seems, even though I have 15+ years experience in the electrical industry, I've wired houses, I've fixed everything from cars to kettles, I've built radios and installed air conditioners. I'm just too old, and too white to have what other people seem to get handed to them for free.

One of the younger guys on the last site I worked was talking about getting into uj on a scholarship. And that just broke me, as his work ethic was lacking.

eehellfire

Honorary Master
Age, 43 :) And lucky to have made it this far.

Family was not well off, and without my electrical papers, I could only find subcontracting jobs for what I can only assume is below the board installations, I tried at eskom, I tried at telkom, I even tried getting into an apprenticeship at the sadf.

So now I rent a bed, and find odd jobs like fixing appliances, or helping a garage door / alarm fitment place, when they need it.

I started saving up to study further through UNISA ( I managed to save up 30000!), and for a while it was going well, until around 2012, when work just dried up. I had to lower my rates, and take smaller jobs.

And now, it seems, even though I have 15+ years experience in the electrical industry, I've wired houses, I've fixed everything from cars to kettles, I've built radios and installed air conditioners. I'm just too old, and too white to have what other people seem to get handed to them for free.

One of the younger guys on the last site I worked was talking about getting into uj on a scholarship. And that just broke me, as his work ethic was lacking.
Did you ever apply for scholarships?
I don't think it's the too white - if you don't have a qualification, especially with respect to electrical work, you won't get a well-paying job.

Even if I look at electricians that have done work for me (black and white) - the actual guys doing the work aren't generally qualified electricians. They are likely earning a pittance for what is essentially a skilled job they do, and the electrician just signs off. But that's the catch - the qualified fellow needs to sign off.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master

“I am not justifying apartheid in any way whatsoever… I profusely apologised for that but there is a difference between calling something a crime – genocide is a crime – apartheid cannot be [a crime against humanity]. More people died because of black-on-black violence than because of apartheid,” De Klerk told the SABC.

Zindzi Mandela tweeted a photo of her mother Winnie Madikizela Mandela being handled by white police officers during apartheid.

She said according to De Klerk’s interview, he justified this.

“As a loyal and dedicated member of @MYANC [ANC] I am heartbroken this happened to my mother and many others under De Klerk's watch. According to his interview, he justified this, therefore saying that my mother and others deserved this aggression. What do we stand for?”

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Didnt see the De Klerck interview, but if he did in fact say those things he is a fcking imbecile.

rambo919

Executive Member
He'll never tell the whole story, in the same breath ANC will never tell entire story of what happened at the camps.
Fair enough to a point.... calling it a crime against humanity is still WAY too far a stretch though given how light a burden it was in comparison to real crimes against humanity.

If everyone starts calling chinese/korean/soviet communism crimes against humanity and starts continually railing against them in the same way I might have had more sympathy for the position. Atm though it's completely unballanced and irrational.

SAguy

Expert Member
The difficulty imo with calling Apartheid a crime against humanity is that someone who is guilty of leading a crime against humanity would be tried for their part in it.

Crime's against humanity result in being on ICC's wanted list, such as Omar al-Bashir and Joseph Koney. Surely De Klerk should have been on trial and not elected as deputy president by the very party which represented the people against who his crimes were committed.

I'm not saying that Apartheid should not be called a crime against humanity, just stating why that label is potentially problematic in this case.

Still though - De Klerk saying what he said in that interview was always going to cause a world of pain. He should have had a better answer or reason for why he believes the UN's decision for calling apartheid a crime against humanity was wrong.