Zondo Commision costs reach R365 Million

Calkem

The figure of R365 million is from Sept. 2019 I wonder how much it is today, and how much its going to cost going forward. How many roads, houses, can that money buy.

They must think money just comes into their pockets from nowhere.

smi

Expert Member
Just another means to fill pockets, this time an added wif of rose petals for those believing jail time will happen

zophas

Best country in the world to be a criminal or a politician or even both.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
It wouldn't look like such an enormous waste if there was a glimmer of hope that something positive would come of it, but its starting to look more like Zupta's fake Arms Deal inquiries.

garp

Executive Member
Let’s face it, the Zondo commission is just a clever PR exercise providing a way for them to look like they’re doing something about corruption, while it is really an excuse for the NPA to do nothing.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
And nothing except 1 person calling names has come of it.
The big fish and school has escaped

yebocan

Honorary Master
what did you expect - Nuremberg II?
Lamentation, when Zuma try to block the creation of the Commission. It will never happen, now it is happening, it is costing too much without any returns/prosecutions/convictions. Guess next round will be, only the small fry are being prosecuted...while the fat cats roam free.
Next time you read about how the NPA had to be essentially reconstituted, as it was a hollowed out entity , - take into account, the evidence/paper trails are there , it is the expertise and manpower that is lacking --and that is the biggest obstacle. However... 2020 is going to be lit and more than a few are kakking themselves.

borro

The figure of R365 million is from Sept. 2019 I wonder how much it is today, and how much its going to cost going forward. How many roads, houses, can that money buy.

They must think money just comes into their pockets from nowhere.
Catering must have been something else. Yum.

Executive Member
As far as I understand, at the end of all of this, Zondo can only make recommendations to government on what to do next?

There is a long investigation and court cases still to come (with delays and stalling at every turn). Everyone guilty will die of old age before anything is resolved here.

Tman*

Expert Member
Zondo commission started Aug 2018

Thats roughly 18 months, or 540 days.

Works out to R675 925 per day? Are they paying people a salary to appear?

Executive Member
The total doesn't add up to the other rows?

(Or am I misreading this?)

clickingbuttons

As far as I understand, at the end of all of this, Zondo can only make recommendations to government on what to do next?

There is a long investigation and court cases still to come (with delays and stalling at every turn). Everyone guilty will die of old age before anything is resolved here.
I heard anybody testifying and implicating themselves won't be brought to task. Kind of like the TRC after 1994, apparently.