Zuckerberg Responds to Claims That Facebook Prioritizes Profit as ‘Just Not True’

Kodi

From the guy that profiteered by deceptively appropriated intellectual property belonging to his peers........Jaaaaa Boet, we believe you!!!

Kodi

Is prioritizing profit a bad thing now? I thought we were pro-Capitalism.
In principle, we too could capitalise $millions by opening up a prepubescent whore house.

Mekon

Expert Member
Of course the pasty cretin would say that. I hope recent revelations does him some harm.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
What a stupid comment. This is how "dumb fscks" he thinks we are: he is legally beholden to his shareholders to prioritise profit. That's how capitalism works. Anything else is malfeasance.
He is not legally beholden to prioritise profit over everything else. Profit needs to be a priority, of course, but so is safety of users. When profit is priotised over user safety, or other concerns, in other businesses, it is seen as a problem, why should this be any different?

The Voice

Honorary Master
If you're not paying to use the product, you ARE the product.

There was no reason for FB to ever buy WhatsApp and IG other than to get more of our info to sell to 3rd parties.

azbob

Honorary Master
In principle, we too could capitalise $millions by opening up a prepubescent whore house.

In principle, no.
Mark Zuckerberg and FB aren’t responsible for your children, you are.

“Instagram gave my child mental health issues”. Snowflakes.