Zulu King announces partnership with Afriforum

JOHANNESBURG - Zulu King Goodwill Zwelithini has announced a partnership with lobby group AfriForum.

This cooperation aims to promote agriculture and ensure food security in the country.

Both parties are strongly opposed to the expropriation of land without compensation.

The King said he’s strengthening his relationship with Afriforum - all in the name of agriculture and food security for all South Africans.

“The Zulu nation I’m talking about will not exist if we don’t have food. That’s why I say farmers must come closer so that we discuss what we can do when we talk about agriculture and the availability of enough food in the land. That’s why I’m asking AfriForum of the Boers to come and help us, as they’ve introduced themselves to me that they are willing to work with me and my father’s people to uplift agriculture in our land in order to have food. Because when government started talking about the appropriation of land expropriation without compensation, Boers downed tools. There is no food in South Africa.”

With next year’s general elections around the corner and KwaZulu-Natal set to influence the outcome, it would seem the Zulu Monarch is using the land issue to sway the electorate and send a message to the government.

“I sent you in July and said go and pray that all those who are against you and me over the land God must make them to fight by themselves. Even now I’m sending you to go and pray before the elections next year. Anyone who wants to be voted for and elected by us, I’m going to talk now, anyone who wants to be elected by us must come and kneel here and commit that I will never touch your land.”

The King said he is still waiting for a follow-up meeting with President Cyril Ramaphosa to finalise their discussion on the land under the control of Ingonyama Trust.
https://www.enca.com/news/zulu-king-announces-partnership-afriforum

Visser

Expert Member
Because when government started talking about the appropriation of land expropriation without compensation, Boers downed tools. There is no food in South Africa.
He is not wrong.

Daruk

Honorary Master
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
Times are tough.

Because when government started talking about the appropriation of land expropriation without compensation, Boers downed tools. There is no food in South Africa.
What exactly is "the appropriation of land expropriation without compensation"

Never mind, turns out he didn't actually say that, it was enca that did lol.

Last edited:

thechamp

Honorary Master
I would like very much to see how long the subjects can afford subsidizing his life of luxury.

Milano

Honorary Master
Reminiscent of agreements made more than a century ago. You can easily see how de facto tribal leaders made agreements with other tribes including Europeans which are now denied but were in fact entirely legitimate.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Now since the ANC in KZN supports the King and his stance on land and the King is now in a partnership with Afriforum, does it not mean the KZN ANC is also a partner in this alliance?

Tman*

Expert Member
Waiting on the next News24 / Sunday Times / 702 *insert any other media house* article about the "Alt Right, Racist, misinformed, right wing Afriforum" partnering up with the Zulu King.

Does that mean the King is also a right wing racist, or does that mean the label the media gives Afriforum might not be so accurate?

Reminiscent of agreements made more than a century ago. You can easily see how de facto tribal leaders made agreements with other tribes including Europeans which are now denied but were in fact entirely legitimate.
The reason the likes of the ANC/EFF disrespect these agreements is because it stands in the way of their looting.

Waiting on the next News24 / Sunday Times / 702 *insert any other media house* article about the "Alt Right, Racist, misinformed, right wing Afriforum" partnering up with the Zulu King.

Does that mean the King is also a right wing racist, or does that mean the label the media gives Afriforum might not be so accurate?
Would be interesting to see what mental gymnastics MSM come forth with.

Milano

Honorary Master
While other SA farmers are productively farming in Zambia, Republic of Congo, Nigeria, Russia, Georgia, Australia, Mozambique. One country's trash is another's treasure..

Nobody Important

Executive Member
It is ironic that the real reason for the partnership is that the King doesn't want his land to be given to his subjects.
This.

This is the only reason. Huge portions of KZN are owned by the Ingonyama Trust controlled by the king. It is supposed to be used to give Zulu people land security.

But in reality it charges rent to people who have been living on pieces of land for generations and who by customary law own their land. So it converts land owners into rent payers for the benefit of the trust.

Land expropriation without compensation threatens that system and that is the reason they care now, it's got nothing to do with protection of farmers and they all know it.

This is a marriage of convenience.